Park capacity?

lazyboy97o

Wait so if peak seasons are omitted then I guess the purpose of casual temporary roles will be gone. Or will it continue because crowds are often high during the summer?
If you actually are 14, it’s probably a bit to early to worry about which specific job categories are available now. Four years is plenty of time for things to change, both in Disney’s classifications and your own employment needs.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Fair point. Reality sinks in slower for some. 😅 Eventually even the slowest to comprehend will understand and change their spending habits.
Very true. Eventually, enough people will get fed up with the prices and crowds for someone in Burbank to take notice. Sadly, there are too many people who spend based on emotions and don't look at things with a critical eye even once. Just look at the multitude of FB groups and Twitter accounts with people bragging about their 182nd pair of Mickey eyes, or their 23rd Dooney bag, or their wall of Loungefly backpacks, or how MAGICAL!!! their trips are even though they hate paying the prices (apparently you just have to willfully ignore reality, hand over your wallet, and everything is fine).

Brad Bishop

Very true. Eventually, enough people will get fed up with the prices and crowds for someone in Burbank to take notice. Sadly, there are too many people who spend based on emotions and don't look at things with a critical eye even once. Just look at the multitude of FB groups and Twitter accounts with people bragging about their 182nd pair of Mickey eyes, or their 23rd Dooney bag, or their wall of Loungefly backpacks, or how MAGICAL!!! their trips are even though they hate paying the prices (apparently you just have to willfully ignore reality, hand over your wallet, and everything is fine).

I'm with you on this in thinking that there has to be a breaking point but, how would you tell Bob that?

All he'd say is: "We've cut costs in every area and have raised prices and even have people paying to wait in line for attractions! People line up at the gates each and every day. Show me where I'm wrong."

The reality is: he may not be wrong.

You can shake your angry fist and say, "One day! You'll see!!" (and I'd be with you)

...still... he may be right. Look at the people here. You still have a very sizable chunk of people on this forum who can't wait to get into the parks and pay whatever the price may be and spend $20/head to wait for a ride. Tell them, "This can't last..." and they laugh at you and say, "Great! More room for me!" <- That's Bob's target audience.

I posted a thread a while back about, "You're going to pay to ride". People scoffed at it.

I recently saw a picture of one of the rides where the Lightning Lane was full and the Standby lane was empty but something like 2hr wait. I had stated, in that other thread, "The Standby lane is LITERALLY to standby and hope there's a break in the paid lane." No no no.. The paid lane is like a special lane... You could see from the photo that the paid lane was the normal lane and the Standby lane, just like at the airport, is you literally standing by hoping for a seat. Lightning Lanes worked just as expected. People now pay $$$$ to get into the parks and then pay $$ to ride the rides. If you want to wait in Standby for 2 hours you certainly can but everyone else is paying tor ride.

This is what they want. Having you "ride for free" is giving something away. Having you pay to ride is just another transaction. Bob doesn't leave anything "free" on the shelf.

Disstevefan1

The park reservation system is here to stay, so Disney is controlling capacity via that mechanism. Which also means we won't see those days where the parks hit capacity on the day (like we used to on NYE, July 4 etc).

I would expect that within the next few months all cast will be called back. I don't think the remaining list is all that long at this point.

Disney's goal is to remove peak seasons and manage capacity across the year, along with the concept of "less guests, who spend more."
With the park reservation system we will absolutely see parks closed to capacity.
The difference is, the capacity will be whatever "arbitrary capacity" the park reservation system says it is.

Don't worry, whatever the the park reservation system deems as "at capacity" for a given park, it will be MOBBED, you will not be able to notice any difference than when the park was at capacity before the park reservation system existed.

ToTBellHop

With the park reservation system we will absolutely see parks closed to capacity.
The difference is, the capacity will be whatever "arbitrary capacity" the park reservation system says it is.

Don't worry, whatever the the park reservation system deems as "at capacity" for a given park, it will be MOBBED, you will not be able to notice any difference than when the park was at capacity before the park reservation system existed.
While it was still Covid, so we will see about this year, queue times this past NYE seemed shorter than pre-Covid. And MK had all reservations booked.

There is no real benefit to anyone when they allow 90 min PeopleMover lines.

Disstevefan1

While it was still Covid, so we will see about this year, queue times this past NYE seemed shorter than pre-Covid. And MK had all reservations booked.

There is no real benefit to anyone when they allow 90 min PeopleMover lines.
100 percent guarantee it will be MOBBED NYE 2022.

Any shorter waits seen before now was due to COVID AND NO GENIE +

The rest of 2022 through New Years 2023 is the perfect storm; even more revenge vacationing from all over the globe now that COVID has ended PLUS the stupid, broken Genie, Genie + ILL system.

Park pass reservation system aside, there is going to be LONG WAITS in WDW for the rest of 2022 through New Years 2023.

ToTBellHop

The rest of 2022 through New Years 2023 is the perfect storm; even more revenge vacationing from all over the globe now that COVID has ended PLUS the stupid, broken Genie, Genie + ILL system.

Park pass reservation system aside, there is going to be LONG WAITS in WDW for the rest of 2022 through New Years 2023.
I don’t know about summer, but otherwise I agree.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm with you on this in thinking that there has to be a breaking point but, how would you tell Bob that?

All he'd say is: "We've cut costs in every area and have raised prices and even have people paying to wait in line for attractions! People line up at the gates each and every day. Show me where I'm wrong."

The reality is: he may not be wrong.

You can shake your angry fist and say, "One day! You'll see!!" (and I'd be with you)

...still... he may be right. Look at the people here. You still have a very sizable chunk of people on this forum who can't wait to get into the parks and pay whatever the price may be and spend $20/head to wait for a ride. Tell them, "This can't last..." and they laugh at you and say, "Great! More room for me!" <- That's Bob's target audience.

I posted a thread a while back about, "You're going to pay to ride". People scoffed at it.

I recently saw a picture of one of the rides where the Lightning Lane was full and the Standby lane was empty but something like 2hr wait. I had stated, in that other thread, "The Standby lane is LITERALLY to standby and hope there's a break in the paid lane." No no no.. The paid lane is like a special lane... You could see from the photo that the paid lane was the normal lane and the Standby lane, just like at the airport, is you literally standing by hoping for a seat. Lightning Lanes worked just as expected. People now pay $$$$ to get into the parks and then pay $$ to ride the rides. If you want to wait in Standby for 2 hours you certainly can but everyone else is paying tor ride.

This is what they want. Having you "ride for free" is giving something away. Having you pay to ride is just another transaction. Bob doesn't leave anything "free" on the shelf.

They won't change anything they are doing because too many still think they "have to get their Disney fix!!!!" and are willing to pay through the nose for it.

lazyboy97o

The park capacity was always arbitrary.

GimpYancIent

Mobbed? Genie +? Park pass system? Long Waits? All that means nothing! BC and Co. don't care and guests will be accommodated so long as ..........
1649257700793.png

DisneyCane

The park reservation system is here to stay, so Disney is controlling capacity via that mechanism. Which also means we won't see those days where the parks hit capacity on the day (like we used to on NYE, July 4 etc).

I would expect that within the next few months all cast will be called back. I don't think the remaining list is all that long at this point.

Disney's goal is to remove peak seasons and manage capacity across the year, along with the concept of "less guests, who spend more."
I guess if there were enough park hoppers on property and a huge percentage decided to descend upon one particular park at 2PM they could end up with a park hitting capacity.

Brad Bishop

I guess if there were enough park hoppers on property and a huge percentage decided to descend upon one particular park at 2PM they could end up with a park hitting capacity.
Park Hopping goes the other way, too.

I've walked into the MK, got to the hub and thought, "Too busy..." and immediately headed out and went to another park.

drizgirl

I agree. The part I'm not understanding is why, if WDW has reservations, is it taking multiple hours in standby lines? Seems that, if you're limiting the number of people in the park, you can plan and staff sufficiently for maximum guest satisfaction.

Maybe that's not their goal is with the reservations...
Because Disney isn’t interested in limiting crowds like so many here want to believe. They aren’t using reservations to staff up, but instead are using them to identify when they can staff down.

Their goal was, is, and always will be to squeeze in the most guests with the least overhead possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom