Park Attendance Trending Upward

Dann Hazel

Original Poster
Just read an article on MSNBC that Eisner has stated that park attendance is on the upswing for the summer. Hope the trend continues--and translates into longer park hours and more attractions!

Dann

General Grizz

Yup...SARS hasn't been up as recently in the news...and Summer is always a jammed-pack time. When Mission Space officially opens, that will (hopefully) keep the EPCOT attendance up.

imagineersrock

mission space will most likley/hopefully do wonders for epcot attendance. -then there's PHILHAR, and EVEREST, and tons of great new things on the way- imo WDW's future is looking very bright:cool:

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by imagineersrock
mission space will most likley/hopefully do wonders for epcot attendance. -then there's PHILHAR, and EVEREST, and tons of great new things on the way- imo WDW's future is looking very bright:cool:

You can say that again!!

:sohappy: yah wooohoooo:sohappy:

Can't wait till this war is over. It was really hearting Disney for awhile.

Well that's a good sign that attendance is going up. May be They will build there attractions faster.

Anywhy the last 3 disney movies have been hits.
Lizzie Mcguire,Holes, Finding Nemo.

Everybody,

Lets go Disney
Lets go:D :sohappy:

Dayma

People who say M:S will rescue the parks are insane. No one ride will bring that majority of people out. I am not saying Disney is in trouble but to expect one ride to change disney in the next 5 years is just crazy. Dont forget how much it costs to make a ride of this magnitude and how long it could actually take to earn a penny on the thing.

Disney is definetly headed in the right direction which I belive they were never off but some do.

Originally posted by blackride
People who say M:S will rescue the parks are insane. No one ride will bring that majority of people out.

i dont think thats true. I was planning my vacation about mid july but i want to change it until after august now. i want to go after M:S opens:D

Dayma

i dont think thats true. I was planning my vacation about mid july but i want to change it until after august now. i want to go after M:S opens

I do not know how anyone is going to know about this ride to make any difference. I see NO advertising here in Ohio or any while in Orlando in May. Nobody from my family has any idea what I am talking about when I say M:S. I understand word of mouth but that only goes so far. I bet you if you randomly asked vistors to the park if they knew what M:S what 80% would look at you like you were talkng in a different language.

My point is people besides us on these boards and fanatics dont make decisons to spend thousands of dollars to take their kids to see M:S. Yes it will bring them money and yes it will be a success but not a savior.

Just my opinion guys....and gals :)

Dayma

Mid way into the afternoon today, MK extended its hours by 30 min, as attendence was about 5000 higher then expected.

Nice........thats a lot of people going to the Tiki Room :)

Kenan

I am SO hoping everything works well for Disney this Summer. They need a good summer. They havent had one in a while. Mission: SPACE is gonna be an awesome Summer addition.

Woody13

Originally posted by FLcastmember
Mid way into the afternoon today, MK extended its hours by 30 min, as attendence was about 5000 higher then expected.

I would guess that a lot of the gay days attendees got there a day early. I think the next 4 days at WDW will be very busy.

WDWFREAK53

Nice........thats a lot of people going to the Tiki Room :)

All the birds sing words and the flowers croon...no WONDER people are flocking! (sorry...bad pun..."flock" "birds")

Shaman

People who say M:S will rescue the parks are insane. No one ride will bring that majority of people out. I am not saying Disney is in trouble but to expect one ride to change disney in the next 5 years is just crazy.

I agree, one ride will not make a great impact, and M:S will certainly not keep Epcot in the clear for the next five years. Thats why there are rumors that they want a Soarin' Over clone in EPCOT sooner rather that later. Parts of the rumored Project Gemini could happen, but who knows how long that will take (I guess it all depends on attendence and competition).

One thing is for certain, things are looking up for the parks, with all the new things getting ready to open, and all the rumored attractions for the parks...I'm really excited about the future. Just my opinion. :animwink:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by objr
I agree, one ride will not make a great impact, and M:S will certainly not keep Epcot in the clear for the next five years. Thats why there are rumors that they want a Soarin' Over clone in EPCOT sooner rather that later. Parts of the rumored Project Gemini could happen, but who knows how long that will take (I guess it all depends on attendence and competition).

One thing is for certain, things are looking up for the parks, with all the new things getting ready to open, and all the rumored attractions for the parks...I'm really excited about the future. Just my opinion. :animwink:

I completely agree...although Mission:Space's word of mouth will help the park as much as IoA's Spider-man's word of mouth helped it. (Not that it had a major "impact" on attendance...but it did get a lot of people "interested")

All these attractions, additions, and rehabs going on now is what makes loving WDW so fun.

Dayma

One thing is for certain, things are looking up for the parks, with all the new things getting ready to open, and all the rumored attractions for the parks...I'm really excited about the future. Just my opinion.

Dont get me wrong. I am VERY happy attendance is up, especially when I am not there. :) Easier to ride when nobody is there...he he

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom