Paris and Nice or Paris and Disneyland...

DfromATX

Original Poster
Ah brilliant. Living in London I always forget how much there is to do for people who come here and yes the France to US flights seem to have dried up, even for closer use places like Boston. They may come back, as there used to be a quite a few options, my partners American on our trips she would sometimes fly straight into Paris but getting the Eurostar from London to Paris is an adventure on its own! (If you chose that route, I'd highly recommend it over flying).

Yeah a weekday not in holiday times (you might want to keep an eye on UK school holidays as prices and crowds can go up with those too), you will be more than likely be able to get anything you want to see at DLP done!
You better believe the Eurostar will be part of our adventure as well as all the touristy things to do. LOL 😉

Robbiem

You better believe the Eurostar will be part of our adventure as well as all the touristy things to do. LOL 😉
Eurostar is fun, I always get excited when I take it, you can even take it Direct to DLP 😀. On a topical note if you look at the London station some of the benches are made out of the Olympic rings from 2012 and you can visit the Harry Potter platform at the next door station

Den Carter

I think all the other posters have given great input, although at the end of the day it's all going to depend on your preferences.

Disneyland Paris is the most beautiful castle park there is, and it has the best Space Mountain, Big Thunder and OG Pirates. And by the time you visit there'll be Avengers Campus. I try to visit 2-3 times a year, and always for 2-3 days, but I also like to take DLP slowly and just enjoy the atmosphere, rather than running from ride to ride.

May in Nice should be beautiful. A note that I don't think anyone else has mentioned, you really need to consider a car rental, if you haven't already planned to. You don't need a vehicle in London or Paris, but most of the rest of France is hard to get around without one. I'm assuming you'll be travelling from Paris to Nice by plane? The entire coastal area in southern France and Northern Italy is wonderful. I could list a dozen outstanding road trips to do in France, but that coastal drive from St Tropez to Cinque-Terre is to die for. Plus you get an Italy stamp in your passport en-route.

Personally, if you can, I'd try to visit both. Which, I appreciate is 100% not the advice you were looking for!!

Vegas Disney Fan

Our “once in lifetime” trip to Paris in 2016 was followed up by return trips in 2017, 2018, and an unfortunately cancelled trip in 2020 do to the pandemic. We are hoping to make it back in 2022.

We absolutely adore DLP, and I can’t imagine going to Europe and not spending a couple days there, but in an either/or situation I’d skip the studios park and spend the time in Nice. It also gives you a good reason to start planning your next trip.

Other than Crushes coaster and the Mickey and the Magician show you wouldn’t be missing out on too much if you skipped the studio park.

DfromATX

Original Poster
I think all the other posters have given great input, although at the end of the day it's all going to depend on your preferences.

Disneyland Paris is the most beautiful castle park there is, and it has the best Space Mountain, Big Thunder and OG Pirates. And by the time you visit there'll be Avengers Campus. I try to visit 2-3 times a year, and always for 2-3 days, but I also like to take DLP slowly and just enjoy the atmosphere, rather than running from ride to ride.

May in Nice should be beautiful. A note that I don't think anyone else has mentioned, you really need to consider a car rental, if you haven't already planned to. You don't need a vehicle in London or Paris, but most of the rest of France is hard to get around without one. I'm assuming you'll be travelling from Paris to Nice by plane? The entire coastal area in southern France and Northern Italy is wonderful. I could list a dozen outstanding road trips to do in France, but that coastal drive from St Tropez to Cinque-Terre is to die for. Plus you get an Italy stamp in your passport en-route.

Personally, if you can, I'd try to visit both. Which, I appreciate is 100% not the advice you were looking for!!

Yes, we were planning on flying from Paris to Nice. It's such short flight. All that you said about the coast just made me more excited to plan our trip! (But, I'm a little hesitant to rent a car.) So much to do and that's why DLP would be only one day as it not the main focus of our trip. I wish we could go longer than 2 weeks!

DfromATX

Original Poster
Our “once in lifetime” trip to Paris in 2016 was followed up by return trips in 2017, 2018, and an unfortunately cancelled trip in 2020 do to the pandemic. We are hoping to make it back in 2022.

We absolutely adore DLP, and I can’t imagine going to Europe and not spending a couple days there, but in an either/or situation I’d skip the studios park and spend the time in Nice. It also gives you a good reason to start planning your next trip.

Other than Crushes coaster and the Mickey and the Magician show you wouldn’t be missing out on too much if you skipped the studio park.

I hear ya. My cousin has been to France a few times because she loves it so much. Paris is definitely her city, but she and I are different vacationers. She even suggested we skip London "because it's just like any other big city." Maybe it is, but, that's for me to decide! (I hate it when people do that.) One thing is for sure, when we go to Paris, we will go to DLP. I wouldn't go that far and not go there, even if it's just for one day.

Vegas Disney Fan

I hear ya. My cousin has been to France a few times because she loves it so much. Paris is definitely her city, but she and I are different vacationers. She even suggested we skip London "because it's just like any other big city." Maybe it is, but, that's for me to decide! (I hate it when people do that.) One thing is for sure, when we go to Paris, we will go to DLP. I wouldn't go that far and not go there, even if it's just for one day.
I loved London too… such a fun city to explore, history everywhere you look… if you are a fan of Harry Potter the studio tour was really cool also.

We’ve done river tours in London, Paris, and Prague and highly recommend them, an amazing way to see cities from a different angle.

Robbiem

Yes, we were planning on flying from Paris to Nice. It's such short flight. All that you said about the coast just made me more excited to plan our trip! (But, I'm a little hesitant to rent a car.) So much to do and that's why DLP would be only one day as it not the main focus of our trip. I wish we could go longer than 2 weeks!
Look at train travel as well. It can be comparable to flying time and price wise when you factor getting to the airport, security etc.

in nice the costal train line to monacco is beautiful and makes a nice day trip, plus you get to visit another country 😀✌️

DfromATX

Original Poster
Look at train travel as well. It can be comparable to flying time and price wise when you factor getting to the airport, security etc.

in nice the costal train line to monacco is beautiful and makes a nice day trip, plus you get to visit another country 😀✌️

Oh yes, Monaco is on the list! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom