Paradiso 37?

tabby1222

Original Poster
Has anyone been here recently? I searched and didn't find anything in the last year or so. I can't really find much on reviews online either. My mom wants to go there after looking at the menu. Good/bad idea?? Any suggestions on things to avoid or can't miss items? Will my little guys find things to eat and enjoy?

TIA!!

Hockey89

Has anyone been here recently? I searched and didn't find anything in the last year or so. I can't really find much on reviews online either. My mom wants to go there after looking at the menu. Good/bad idea?? Any suggestions on things to avoid or can't miss items? Will my little guys find things to eat and enjoy?

TIA!!

Judging from the reviews, I'd probably skip it. I haven't been but places that have 3 out of 5 on Yelp is a warning sign...

aliceismad

Judging from the reviews, I'd probably skip it. I haven't been but places that have 3 out of 5 on Yelp is a warning sign...
Especially when there are so many other options.

imahistorygeek

We had a first great meal there a few years ago and have been back a couple of times since. Each subsequent time, the food and service was a little worse than before. I'd skip it.

Smiley/OCD

We ate there in November of ‘17...we looked at the menu and there was something for everyone...decor was cool, server was horrible and the food was well below expectations...my DD’s skirt steak had to be sent back because it was overdone...second one was almost as bad. My ribs were OK, but I’ve had better at Flame Tree BBQ at AK...If it were up to me, I’d pick somewhere else...but it’s just an opinion..good luck!

tabby1222

Original Poster
I had figured as much. I am so torn.... I feel awful. Third trip in less than a year. My mom has only picked one other restaurant. Do I just suck it up and let her go to her crappy pick, or try to steer her in a different direction?? Give me reasons to steer her elsewhere!!!

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Food reviews can be very, very subjective. It all really depends on tastes and expectations. I wouldn't - not go to a restaurant I wanted to try due to someone's personal review. Unless it was unsanitary or a majority of the reviewers just said terrible things about it. Even with the latter, I still might try it - so I could formulate my own opinion. All that being said:

It's all right. Admittedly its been a while since I ate there (Downtown Disney days). But nothing spectacular. I'd opt for one of the many other restaurants currently at Springs.

Put it this way. If all of the other restaurants at Springs except for Paradiso were closed - I'd walk over to SSR and eat at the Turf Club. If the Turf Club was closed I would take a boat over to OKW and eat at Olivia's. If Olivia's was closed I'd get back to DS, and by that time I'd be pretty hungry, so then I'd eat at Paradiso.

Sabriel

I think a lot of the reviews are harsh because it’s not your every day chicken nuggets and hot dogs, etc.

The service is hit or miss, I’ve had very nice experiences there, but also some that were lacking (slow service even though the restaurant was empty, server seemed “over it”, etc), but the food has been consistently tasty.

If anything, my complaint would be that the menu has been dumbed down to appeal to a less adventurous palate.

cmb5002

Amongst the plethora of options at Disney Springs, this would be near my last choice. Our meal wasn't terrible, nor was the service. But if the review is "not terrible" do I really need to say more?

Hockey89

Food reviews can be very, very subjective. It all really depends on tastes and expectations. I wouldn't - not go to a restaurant I wanted to try due to someone's personal review.
While I agree you have to take reviews with a grain of salt, scoring a 3/5 on yelp is horrid... That's more than a few people saying blah...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom