Parade Routes Switch?

PKD

I've definitely seen Spectro run from Frontierland to Main Street. I am 100% certain because I have seen the lights on the floats turn on as the parade starts--right next to Splash Mountain.

Kyle, you are right, it has gone in reverse on two parade nights. I havn't seen it done in a while (but could have missed those nights) but it has done so in the past.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Day parades run Frontierland to Main Street

Night parades run Main Street to Frontierland

there have been exceptions, but this is the norm, even on two parade nights.

As for the pucks... the parade can deviate from the normal route, and has before. The pucks are only to sync the audio, but it is a human actually driving the floats.

Chape19714

I know that at Disneyland they HAVE to run the parade in alternating directions when they run it twice. Unlike Magic Kingdom, they do not have a way to get the floats from the storage barn to the front of the park without going onstage. So when they run the parade twice, the parade runs from Small World to Main Street, the parade hangs out backstage for a bit, and then runs from Main Street to Small World. (I assume that when a parade is only run once per night, they relocate the floats after park closing)

This caused a problem during the ill-fated Light Magic. One of the ways they tried to speed up the show was to start the floats from Main Street. But because the charge cycle for the floats was longer than the overnight hours, they had to re-locate the floats mid-day using CMs to clear Guests out of the way along the parade route. (I heard that they had to come up with a recorded announcement to explain the floats and to advertise the parade/street show later on that night.) I'm sure those floats that were designed only to be seen at night weren't all that great-looking in daylight, either.

-Rob
You are 100% correct!

ThumperDude

Thanks for clearing up my WDW vs. DL confusion.
Well, now that we have that settled,
I heard Tinkerbell flies from the castle during the first show then flies in reverse, (back up to the castle), during the 2nd show. This usually happens every other 4th Tuesday in a month with an 'R' in it after a full moon. ;o)

Chape19714

Thanks for clearing up my WDW vs. DL confusion.
Well, now that we have that settled,
I heard Tinkerbell flies from the castle during the first show then flies in reverse, (back up to the castle), during the 2nd show. This usually happens every other 4th Tuesday in a month with an 'R' in it after a full moon. ;o)
Only at Disneyland, but she does not fly from the castle, but rather behind it in a full circluar pattern, one way during the opening, another during the finale. This only happens during Remember dreams come True (shown every other 4th tuesday in a month with an 'R' in it after a full moon, due to budget cut-backs.)

:ROFLOL: :lol: :lol:

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
Only at Disneyland, but she does not fly from the castle, but rather behind it in a full circluar pattern, one way during the opening, another during the finale. This only happens during Remember dreams come True (shown every other 4th tuesday in a month with an 'R' in it after a full moon, due to budget cut-backs.)

:ROFLOL: :lol: :lol:

LOL - Only problem with that is, if she flew from the Castle at Disneyland, she'd fly right into a tree. :brick: Snow Whites Castle at DL is only like two stories tall.
She actually takes off from the top of the Matterhorn.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
LOL - Only problem with that is, if she flew from the Castle at Disneyland, she'd fly right into a tree. :brick: Snow Whites Castle at DL is only like two stories tall.
She actually takes off from the top of the Matterhorn.

I thought it was sleeping beauty castle

mkt

Premium Member
Sleeping Beauty castle was the original bit of Disney synergy. It was originally supposed to be Snow White's castle, but was changed after the release of Sleeping Beauty

Rob562

Sleeping Beauty castle was the original bit of Disney synergy. It was originally supposed to be Snow White's castle, but was changed after the release of Sleeping Beauty

Actually, the synergy occured before the release of the movie. The castle was named Sleeping Beauty Castle from opening day, but Sleeping Beauty wasn't released until 1959.

-Rob

scottnj1966

I have seen spectro magic in both directions.

Have video of it also.

So I guess it just depends on whatever is happening that particular day/night.

mkt

Premium Member
Actually, the synergy occured before the release of the movie. The castle was named Sleeping Beauty Castle from opening day, but Sleeping Beauty wasn't released until 1959.

-Rob
close enough... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom