Parade incident in TOKYO - any ramifications here?

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
No wonder it weighs 650 lbs, what with all that lead paint.:eek:

But both of those incidents within a week? Somethings fishy.

bryPOD

Good to hear nobody was injured...

On that note, image an entire universe collapsing on top of you?> Crazy man...

<note: I sound like a hippie for some reason... odd>

epcot85

It was going to collapse anyway, they should just take the float and slowly destroy it in plain view of thousands of guest, then they can replace it with a cheaper less creative float. I'm not bitter about horizons.

Enderikari

It was going to collapse anyway, they should just take the float and slowly destroy it in plain view of thousands of guest, then they can replace it with a cheaper less creative float. I'm not bitter about horizons.

n7005245_36496255_4154.jpg

Brwneyedgirl72

That was awesome....Thanks - I needed a good laugh!!!! :ROFLOL:

eroyee

All joking aside, thats too bad. Cant imagine being the guests by where it happened. that must have been awful. I imagine all the disney parks will be re-checking all the floats now for safety.

brkgnews

Original Poster
I saw video on CNN... the top of the float kind of looked like WDW's Astro Oribiter, but with one of the little green men from toy story on top. The little green guy crashed about two or three feet away from the sidewalk curb!

sandicinderelli

I saw video on CNN... the top of the float kind of looked like WDW's Astro Oribiter, but with one of the little green men from toy story on top. The little green guy crashed about two or three feet away from the sidewalk curb!

Is that video available online? I did a search, but no dice. Thanks.

Fun2BFree

Deary me! Looking at the picture provided by the previous poster, the top half does look somewhat fragile and top-heavy. Maybe a better design might be needed to avoid events like this happening again.

brkgnews

Original Poster
Searching YouTube for the video - nothing yet.

On the photo, you see the space ranger (SR) shield... go up from that and you see a green ring, a white cone shape, and a smaller green ring. A wedge of that entire section appeared to shear off, letting the remainder of the top of the float fall over, landing the geren guy on the light blue planet head-first on the pavement.

Spyne

Aw man, that's too bad. Hopefully everything can be fixed in time and in an efficient manner. At least nobody's hurt, which is the important part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom