Paper tickets and Fast Pass +

jmuboy

Original Poster
I'm staying at the Double Tree on Hotel Plaza Blvd. I have 5 Day park hopper tickets. How do I enroll these paper tickets into ticket media - or MM+ Bands- so I can use the fastpassplus reservation system?

JohnD

Since you're staying off-property, visit a Guest Relations, and swap your tickets for a plastic card that will work as your ticket. The card will get you into the park and will work for FP+ too but you can't make FP+ reservations in advance. You can only use the in-park kiosks. Second, if you want an MB, you'll have to purchase one which are $12.95/each, I believe. I assume you visit a guest relations to have it connected to your ticket.

Rob562

Actually, you may not have to do what JohnD said.

Step 1 is to look on the back of your ticket. Does it have the MyMagic+ logo? (Mickey head inside a circle) If it does, then it's an RFID ticket and can be used as-is for both park entry and FP+. If you've bought your ticket any time in the last 18 months, it's 99.9% sure that it's RFID capable. If it *doesn't* have the logo, then yes, you'll have to stop at Guest Relations to get an RFID card.

Step 2 is to link the ticket to your MDE profile (creating said profile if you haven't yet). You'll need a computer or cell phone to do that. (Phone can use the MDE app or the mobile version of the MDE website) You can either scan the barcode on the back of your ticket or enter the numbers off of it. After you've linked your ticket, you'll have immediate access to making as many days of FP+ reservations as you have on your ticket. (Your booking window is 30 days)

Also note that even if you do have to go to Guest Relations to get an RFID card, you can still link the ticket now and make your FP+ choices.

Magic Bands aren't necessary, but you can purchase one if you want. At the register they'll scan your ticket and the Band to link them together, and both can then be used interchangeably.

-Rob

JohnD

Actually, you may not have to do what JohnD said.

Step 1 is to look on the back of your ticket. Does it have the MyMagic+ logo? (Mickey head inside a circle) If it does, then it's an RFID ticket and can be used as-is for both park entry and FP+. If you've bought your ticket any time in the last 18 months, it's 99.9% sure that it's RFID capable. If it *doesn't* have the logo, then yes, you'll have to stop at Guest Relations to get an RFID card.

Step 2 is to link the ticket to your MDE profile (creating said profile if you haven't yet). You'll need a computer or cell phone to do that. (Phone can use the MDE app or the mobile version of the MDE website) You can either scan the barcode on the back of your ticket or enter the numbers off of it. After you've linked your ticket, you'll have immediate access to making as many days of FP+ reservations as you have on your ticket. (Your booking window is 30 days)

Also note that even if you do have to go to Guest Relations to get an RFID card, you can still link the ticket now and make your FP+ choices.

Magic Bands aren't necessary, but you can purchase one if you want. At the register they'll scan your ticket and the Band to link them together, and both can then be used interchangeably.

-Rob

I think we're pretty saying the same thing. The OP said they have "a paper ticket" so I was responding to that. Thanks for the reminder about the advance booking. Now that I recall, yeah, AP holders and off-site guests now have a 30 day advance window. As for the MB, I mentioned, "if you want an MB", then gave the price so again we're saying the same thing. The OP certainly doesn't have to have one.

Angelkim100

Just to confirm, we have paper ticket not RFID. We have linked these to the MDE. We plan on exchanging these for RFID tickets then buy magic bands. We have already booked fast pass's for our trip. Will these def. be transferred once we get RFID/magic bands? Also does anyone know the opening times for guest relations at DTD?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Just to confirm, we have paper ticket not RFID. We have linked these to the MDE. We plan on exchanging these for RFID tickets then buy magic bands. We have already booked fast pass's for our trip. Will these def. be transferred once we get RFID/magic bands? Also does anyone know the opening times for guest relations at DTD?
If the tickets you have are linked to your MDE profile, then when you exchange for RFID tickets, your FP+ will be available. The RFID just links to your account, so what's on your account will be available.

If your "paper" tickets were purchased through a discounter, you should go to a park first, enter the park and head straight to GR in the park to do your exchange, the tickets may only be accepted at their cost to your discounter [which is even less than what you paid] if you haven't used an admission on them. Once you've used an admission, they will have the same value as if you'd purchased them from Disney.*

* I'm not sure how it works for exchanging for RFID, but I assume it's the same as if you were upgrading the tickets... @Rob562 may know better.

Edit to add: GR at DTD opens daily at 8:30AM

Angelkim100

If the tickets you have are linked to your MDE profile, then when you exchange for RFID tickets, your FP+ will be available. The RFID just links to your account, so what's on your account will be available.

If your "paper" tickets were purchased through a discounter, you should go to a park first, enter the park and head straight to GR in the park to do your exchange, the tickets may only be accepted at their cost to your discounter [which is even less than what you paid] if you haven't used an admission on them. Once you've used an admission, they will have the same value as if you'd purchased them from Disney.*

* I'm not sure how it works for exchanging for RFID, but I assume it's the same as if you were upgrading the tickets... @Rob562 may know better.

Edit to add: GR at DTD opens daily at 8:30AM

Hi I'm slightly confused about the "accepted at the cost to your discounter" what does this mean? I thought we would just be swapping the tickets from paper to RFID? We have the 7 day magic and more tickets. We bought them through a ticket website (not straight from disney) as part of a bigger deal which also included universal tickets. We were hoping to do this at DTD before heading into a park to save time once in the park, but your comment suggests this won't be possible.

JohnD

A Guest Relations at DTD is no different than one in a park. Yes, you can exchange your tickets for RFID cards. You don't need an MB but you can certainly purchase one.

Your MDE is not put on your RFID card or MB. Rather, it's the reverse. They access your MDE INFO.

Rob562

I think we're pretty saying the same thing. The OP said they have "a paper ticket" so I was responding to that. Thanks for the reminder about the advance booking. Now that I recall, yeah, AP holders and off-site guests now have a 30 day advance window. As for the MB, I mentioned, "if you want an MB", then gave the price so again we're saying the same thing. The OP certainly doesn't have to have one.

"Paper" tickets can and do have RFID capabilities, especially if they've been purchased within the last 18 months or so.

To the OP, if the ticket you hold in your hand has this logo somewhere on the back of it, there is no need to go to Guest Relations to get it replaced with something else. It is RFID-ready and will work as-is.
images

If it *doesn't* have the logo, then yes, you'l have to go to GR.

And @Monty I don't believe the price of the ticket comes into play, as this would be replacing the ticket media. It's not treated as an upgrade when you would have to worry about the value of the ticket.

-Rob

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hi I'm slightly confused about the "accepted at the cost to your discounter" what does this mean? I thought we would just be swapping the tickets from paper to RFID? We have the 7 day magic and more tickets. We bought them through a ticket website (not straight from disney) as part of a bigger deal which also included universal tickets. We were hoping to do this at DTD before heading into a park to save time once in the park, but your comment suggests this won't be possible.
As I said, i'm not sure. If you were upgrading the tickets, I know you need to use an admission first. Swapping paper for RFID without changing the ticket type, I'm not sure.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
"Paper" tickets can and do have RFID capabilities, especially if they've been purchased within the last 18 months or so.

To the OP, if the ticket you hold in your hand has this logo somewhere on the back of it, there is no need to go to Guest Relations to get it replaced with something else. It is RFID-ready and will work as-is.
images

If it *doesn't* have the logo, then yes, you'l have to go to GR.

And @Monty I don't believe the price of the ticket comes into play, as this would be replacing the ticket media. It's not treated as an upgrade when you would have to worry about the value of the ticket.

-Rob
Which is why I said you'd probably know better... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom