Pangani Forest Exploration Trail returning to its original name

Goofyernmost

Pfft.....If only, if only...

Back when Walt opened Animal Kingdom it was a full day park. And it was spotless, and it was positively jam packed with state of the art attractions.

Now, TDO has ruined it. It's all walking and highly themed, immersive environments.
Would that be before all that plaster started falling off some of the buildings and all those cracks showed up in the concrete? I suppose that it could be because of the "spiritual" nature (I see dead people) aspect of Walt opening the park.;)

Matt_Black

I love the trail. Aside from the animals, I went in December on a rather chilly morning, and that one heated building with the frogs and and other reptiles and amphibians was a Godsend. Felt SO nice in there.

Monorail_Orange

I would love this as well, Countdown to Extinction was a way better name! If I remember right, it all came down to the abbreviation CTX on the logo, which was the Centrex company's stock letters.
Do the ride vehicles no longer retain their "CTX" designation on the rear fender?

Monorail_Orange

Not sure about this, just remembering that there was a complete sweep of all the merchandise bearing the CTX name, both in the parks and on the internet.
It's been a while since I rode it, but they were still there 2 years ago. I thought the sweep had more to do with the desire to enforce the synergy name change to compliment the movie.

ChrisM

Gorilla....At Large!

Gorilla_at_Large_FilmPoster.jpeg

And watch out...it's soooooo scary it may just scare the pants right off of you!

Count_Scar...omRyan.jpg

MickeyWiki

I might be the only one that finds this interesting, but the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail was originally designed to be an epilogue to Kilimanjaro Safaris. Guests who had successfully helped stop the poachers were going to be given access to an exclusive "research station" where they could see Lowland Gorillas.

Obviously now the name is changing back to highlight the Gorillas, but its still so odd

No Name

I think the name actually better clarifies what the trail is. Before, I think it would've been very easy to skim over the name and not think much of it. Some people may not have realized that there are actually animals on the trail, and may have thought it was simply a nature walk. Those are just my thoughts, I don't know if they're accurate or not.

I think that the gorillas are the most exciting part and the main draw. They seem to always have the largest crowds. Therefore, even though it isn't totally accurate, I predict the new (well, old) name will draw slightly more people to the trail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom