Pandora Soft Opening Watch

Babysinclair

Do they normally make it public to AP's that they can get a sneak peek? Only had AP's a few years, got a pass holder preview of ROL, but we just happened to stumble upon it. Would love to luck out and see pandora early.

ljransom

Sounds like there might be a slight chance i will get to see this then, atleast to walk inside and see the floating islands. I'm not getting my hopes up though as i'm not an AP holder so may get stopped at the gates kicking and screaming :p

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
The last time I remember Disney attempting any sort of AP preview was for the opening of New Fantasyland. For previous ones (Everst, TSMM, etc), they would just block out a couple of days where only Passholders could access by showing their AP at the construction wall door. For the NFL one they set up a reservation site to pick and day and time but that turned into a disaster were the website didn't have some AP types like Premier loaded and they eventually just gave up on it and went with Soft Openings. I was able to get in to see the spaces during a D23 preview but during that I do not remember being able to ride any of the attractions.

twebber55

The last time I remember Disney attempting any sort of AP preview was for the opening of New Fantasyland. For previous ones (Everst, TSMM, etc), they would just block out a couple of days where only Passholders could access by showing their AP at the construction wall door. For the NFL one they set up a reservation site to pick and day and time but that turned into a disaster were the website didn't have some AP types like Premier loaded and they eventually just gave up on it and went with Soft Openings. I was able to get in to see the spaces during a D23 preview but during that I do not remember being able to ride any of the attractions.
i guess thats my question
Based on past openings will we know in advance of a DVC/AP event? so i can somewhat plan even if its just a couple days in advance

Last edited:

anchorman314

If there is a DVC preview, where would this be announced? Do DVC members typically get an email about previews like this with date/time information?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Since this is not something they do very often, anything and everything that's put out there would be speculation. We simply do not know whether previews of any kind will happen or how they might handle them if they do. I personally hope they have something since I'll be out of the country on opening weekend but if they do not, I'll just have to wait until I return to experience it.

danniyell

Very Excited by this - Im coming over from the UK on 11th of May and will be there until mid June - so hopefully I will be able as a DVC member to pick up some soft opening dates before the madness of 27th May opening date!

twebber55

So here is some info from someone on the disboards.

The projected beginning date for DVC and passholder previews is April 22nd.

Between 4/22 and 5/27, there will be several days where it won't be open to guests.

April 18th is the possible date for CM previews.

Obviously this can change.
whats interesting is black out dates end April 21 so i think you could be on to something

reptar77

I doubt there will be a Passholder or DVC preview. I think Disney has taken that perk away from us but that's a topic for another thread.

donsullivan

Premium Member
So here is some info from someone on the disboards.

The projected beginning date for DVC and passholder previews is April 22nd.

Between 4/22 and 5/27, there will be several days where it won't be open to guests.

April 18th is the possible date for CM previews.

Obviously this can change.

I missed this post earlier. These dates are consistent with what I heard early last week, but since it was only from one source (albeit a trusted one) I kept it to myself.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I doubt there will be a Passholder or DVC preview. I think Disney has taken that perk away from us but that's a topic for another thread.
Taken away since Mine Train opened 3 years ago?

They do soft openings with limited guests to fine tune operations. Since neither ride is a clone I would think it would be even more important to run some soft openings before the massive crowds come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom