Pandora Soft Opening Watch

RunnerEd

Original Poster
We will be making our bi-annual spring break pilgrimage to WDW beginning on March 21. That's about 2 months out for Pandora being opened. Is it too early to hope for soft openings and testing? When they do begin to happen, report below with pictures and impressions!

NeedMoreMickey

Probably not because we will be down there the same time and I always seem to just miss opening dates. We did get to ride Everest the March before it opened. A soft opening would be nice because everyone can go there and free up the things I want to do.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We will be making our bi-annual spring break pilgrimage to WDW beginning on March 21. That's about 2 months out for Pandora being opened. Is it too early to hope for soft openings and testing? When they do begin to happen, report below with pictures and impressions!

Based on the most recent aerials I think March 21 would be to early.

flyerjab

I wonder about April though. At that point you are under two months (can't believe I actually typed that).

I remember watching the 7DMT thread when we were encroaching upon possible soft openings. That thread got pretty crazy. I can only imagine what it will be like for a new land of this size.

KrazyKat

Going to Orlando 4/18-4/30.

Fingers crossed but not expecting to see Pandora but will be very happy if we do. Not planning on going to AK until 4/27.

Cory Schuelke

Im going to disney May 6 to the 10th so im really hoping to have a chance of a soft opening, going to be checking my phone every hour to see if it happens so i can get there as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roj2323

Keep an eye out for cast member transfers and training on the new attractions. This will happen about a month before the area will see guests. For the river ride cast may be trained at pirates, living with the land, the three cabalaros or frozen but the banchie ride is something entirely new so there's no real way to train cast on anything but the actual ride. If you know animal kingdom cast tell them to keep an eye out at costuming for the new avatarland costumes which may help us get a better idea of training schedules.

ljransom

I will be there 29th April - 11th May, is it a long shot getting my hopes up? Coming from the UK we probably won't return again for a good few years :(

JLipnick

I will be there March 21-28 also and would love for soft openings to be happening, but just in case, we booked another trip the second week of June just to be sure. I can't wait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom