Pandora Soft Opening Watch

dgp602

So, from someone who has never been a cast member and never been involved in the rehearsals or behind the scene logistics, is it safe to assume that right now cast members are in the park training, rehearsing, running the rides, cooking the new food etc..?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So, from someone who has never been a cast member and never been involved in the rehearsals or behind the scene logistics, is it safe to assume that right now cast members are in the park training, rehearsing, running the rides, cooking the new food etc..?
There are currently cast member previews taking place, so the land is pretty much in full operation. Training has been ongoing over the last few months. The goal now is to ramp up to full operational capacity.

gorillaball

Just bumping this thread to keep current soft open watch discussion isolated from being buried in the other threads.

I have family there this coming week so I'm trying to keep on top of things leading up to the 27th.

neoshinok

Just bumping this thread to keep current soft open watch discussion isolated from being buried in the other threads.

I have family there this coming week so I'm trying to keep on top of things leading up to the 27th.

Same here. Hoping to head over next Thursday or Friday.

DisneyJoe

Anybody know the structure of the press events? All day thing - or just a few hours? Obviously the one on the 24th is pretty significant with early park closing.
I am one of the travel agency owners that was invited to participate along with press although some of our participation isn't always in the park, but here is what I can share:

On the 24th, there is a dedication event between 8:30am and 10am sometime (we watch remotely from a sales breakfast meeting)
then from 10:30am - 2pm we get to experience Pandora
2pm-5:30pm is free time
then we are back from 6pm-11pm for evening events

I didn't realize that the park was closing at 3:30pm until I just checked.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I'm toying with the idea of going on Saturday, mainly due to the AP Pandora magicband release. I wonder what time I should try to get there. I really have no idea what to expect with the crowds as far as parking and getting into the park would be.

JeffBostock

I'm toying with the idea of going on Saturday, mainly due to the AP Pandora magicband release. I wonder what time I should try to get there. I really have no idea what to expect with the crowds as far as parking and getting into the park would be.
Are you staying on property? Morning Extra Magic Hour starts at 7am, otherwise it opens at 8. I'd get there by 6:30 if you are staying on property if you want to ride Flight of Passage. It's going to be busy. Touring Plans shows a crowd level of 9 Saturday but 10 on Sunday but it's gotta be a crowd level of 10 on Saturday I'd have to guess.

msteel

Stopped by the Pandora entrance twice today and was told "no soft openings, opens Saturday" once and "none that we know of" the other time.

I am disappointed to not see Pandora since this is looking like our last trip in the foreseeable future. And I missed ROL too as FP were not available for offsite guests and by the time we got off our sunset safari standby was full.

But it was still a fun day. Between FP, single rider, and park close my son rode Everest nine times!

JeffBostock

Stopped by the Pandora entrance twice today and was told "no soft openings, opens Saturday" once and "none that we know of" the other time.

I am disappointed to not see Pandora since this is looking like our last trip in the foreseeable future. And I missed ROL too as FP were not available for offsite guests and by the time we got off our sunset safari standby was full.

But it was still a fun day. Between FP, single rider, and park close my son rode Everest nine times!

Thanks for that info. Sorry you didn't get to see Pandora but at least you had a good time. Did you try to get FP for ROL while you were there? It doesn't matter if you are on site or off site other than the 30 day or 60 day window. FP availability changes by the minute on the days leading up to the actual day of your visit as well as the day you are at a park. For instance, my dad and his girlfriend decided today to join us tomorrow at AK and just a few minutes ago I was able to get them each FP for the 9:15 ROL tomorrow. You just have to keep checking every few minutes. Availability changes constantly.

disneygeek90

Are you staying on property? Morning Extra Magic Hour starts at 7am, otherwise it opens at 8. I'd get there by 6:30 if you are staying on property if you want to ride Flight of Passage. It's going to be busy. Touring Plans shows a crowd level of 9 Saturday but 10 on Sunday but it's gotta be a crowd level of 10 on Saturday I'd have to guess.
I'm local, I wasn't going to try to brave the crowds but I honestly just want that AP magicband. I'm only about 15 minutes away. I was thinking of leaving at 7, grabbing a magic band and then check out what the single rider line looks like, then dip lol.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

That wall always be the official line until the attraction actually soft opens.

I went to MK on the day POTC with the Jack Sparrow addition was rumored to soft open. Myself, along with about 50 others, were repeatedly told over and over again that the attraction is not scheduled to open today...until it did an hour or two after park opening.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom