Pandora closing early Jan 14th

thecouch

Original Poster
Looks like there might be a private function Jan 14th in the Pandora area. Park hours are till 8pm but Pandora attraction only till 6pm. This is a bit harsh for people who have booked fastpasses and there plans are now changed . I heard about from someone who's fastpass was changed to multi pass

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Looks like there might be a private function Jan 14th in the Pandora area. Park hours are till 8pm but Pandora attraction only till 6pm. This is a bit harsh for people who have booked fastpasses and there plans are now changed . I heard about from someone who's fastpass was changed to multi pass
I am one of those guests who planned 6months out, got up early to book fastpasses, and we’re planning to be in animal kingdom on this day. Frustrating!

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes

It that it will do any good, but...

Attachments

• C0D152E4-FB76-40E1-A71B-BF598608B6B0.png
    C0D152E4-FB76-40E1-A71B-BF598608B6B0.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 192
  • E5E0AD20-EBA2-447F-A2AA-8E648641A56F.png
    E5E0AD20-EBA2-447F-A2AA-8E648641A56F.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 89B92964-ADF2-4589-A6F8-2324392945E4.png
    89B92964-ADF2-4589-A6F8-2324392945E4.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 162

Po'Rich

Actually, if you told guest relations about your issue and want to move your DAK to another day, they'd likely help you rearrange FPs and ADRs.
FOP is one of the hardest FP to get. I don't blame people for being upset about schedule changes a month out. Disney has been encouraging more and more preplanning, which helps the company (on most days, Disney has a pretty good idea what attendance is going to be way ahead of time). The least Disney can do is to try to also provide accurate information way ahead of time for those who are planning. As always, last minute changes will occur, but those should be the exception.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
It is interesting to me when it’s YOUR trip, the comments would likely be different. Call it what you want, but if no one ever expresses their frustration when Disney closes the park to hold a private party, especially late in game, this problem only gets worse. I must be the only person here who has ever been negative about something at the parks, my mistake...

MinnieWaffles

It is interesting to me when it’s YOUR trip, the comments would likely be different. Call it what you want, but if no one ever expresses their frustration when Disney closes the park to hold a private party, especially late in game, this problem only gets worse. I must be the only person here who has ever been negative about something at the parks, my mistake...

It's just a theme park ride, I'll probably get to ride it again. I don't care.

thecouch

Original Poster
Disney world has put in place a system we're planning well a head of time to get the best rides (30or 60 days) or restaurants (180days) and then change things at last min and people's answer to that is suck it up. This might be OK for locals with annual passes or people that can drive there every year. but some people this might be there only trip ever to disney world as 20 plus hours and multi flight changes or spending over 20k is to much to do it again. So if your not being helpful (suggesting ringing customer service is helpful) maybe just don't comment

The Empress Lilly

Perhaps if TWDC demands from its customers to book and pay everything months in advance, they shouldn't sell those booked and payed fior experiences to any third party willing to offer a few dollar more.

One day a family will do to Disney what that guy did to American Airlines: film how some tough guys forcefully drag out customers who booked and payed for their product.

ImperfectPixie

If I sell you something, and you pay me for it, and you show it to all your family, then I will not, ever, come knocking at your door a few weeks later to snatch it out of your hands because some other dude offered me five bucks more. The sheer nerve! I'd never! Simply a matter of respect and professional pride.
Yes, but this is the age of "please shareholders above all else", so corporations will do anything, even things that aren't ethical.

Cmdr_Crimson

My goodness..I remember a time before 2017 when Pandora never existed and AK closed at 5pm...Then I just went to Epcot to ride Soarin and Living with the land ....Because it's the same idea...Minus the long boring Preshow full of "Uh's", 3d, and a boatride with more blacklight than EDM rave concert with one decent AA..

NCO91590

Ahhh ok. So that makes more sense! I've been trying to get a FOP FP for months now. The advice on the boards is to just keep trying and things open up....but they're not opening up because they're not offering them later in the day.

I wonder if more people will skip AK for that day because of the shorter hours? Might make the SB line a bit more bearable?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom