Rumor Pandora - Adding Live Entertainment?

Prototype82

Original Poster
I was talking to one of the dress shirt and slacks-wearing cast members at Windtraders who was trying to get a feel for how me and a friend felt about the new drum ceremony. (Although I miss the original, the actors were phenomenal with me yesterday!) He said be on the look out for live entertainment in the ACE base camp area. He said "maybe a little demo with amp suits." and that it wouldn't take place until a few months. It was the only nod I got but I found this very interesting.

Last edited:

Awakening

I was talking to one of the dress shirt and slacks-wearing cast members at Windtraders who was trying to get a feel for how me and a friend felt about the new drum ceremony. (All though I miss the original, the actors were phenomenal with me yesterday!) He said be on the look out for live entertainment in the ACE base camp area. He said "maybe a little demo with amp suits." and that it wouldn't take place until a few months. It was the only nod I got but I found this very interesting.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an "amp suit?"

hpyhnt 1000

The AMP suit is the thing outside Pongu Pongu.

1521560688358.png

(https://orlandoinformer.com/disney/pongu-pongu/)

Jones14

Pandora could definitely use some more life. I do wonder what they could do with the suits, though; they don't seem like meet and greet material (plus, you can already get your picture with the suit by the bar), but I'm struggling to think of how they could be used in a show that wouldn't conflict with the habitat restoration narrative.

I still think they need to have a small lab area where scientists are caring for an animatronic creature. Heck, pull a Lucky and have one of the larger creatures walking around and being "reintroduced" to the environment after a surgery.

Prototype82

Original Poster
Pandora could definitely use some more life. I do wonder what they could do with the suits, though; they don't seem like meet and greet material (plus, you can already get your picture with the suit by the bar), but I'm struggling to think of how they could be used in a show that wouldn't conflict with the habitat restoration narrative.

I still think they need to have a small lab area where scientists are caring for an animatronic creature. Heck, pull a Lucky and have one of the larger creatures walking around and being "reintroduced" to the environment after a surgery.
The only thing I can think of is the use of a re-utilized AMP suit to closely study hammerheads in the wild without getting trampled. I could see something loosely based around those lines. I fully agree with your latter idea.

Bairstow

The only thing I can think of is the use of a re-utilized AMP suit to closely study hammerheads in the wild without getting trampled. I could see something loosely based around those lines. I fully agree with your latter idea.

Yeah, or have them re-purposed as construction equipment to build and maintain the research facilities and keep the paths clear. Maybe have one pick up and carry a gigantic foam "log" or something. If nothing else they could just have the operators inside have big, fun personalities, like lumberjacks or surfers- like many James Cameron characters.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yeah, or have them re-purposed as construction equipment to build and maintain the research facilities and keep the paths clear. Maybe have one pick up and carry a gigantic foam "log" or something. If nothing else they could just have the operators inside have big, fun personalities, like lumberjacks or surfers- like many James Cameron characters.
Oh, no... please! Not another lumberjack show...!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom