Pal Mickey

crbrown24

Original Poster
I haven't been to WDW in almost 7 years and am going for a week in January (17-24). I have been reading stuff about Pal Mickey and was wondering what thoughts everyone had on it. Was it worth the money? Was it annoying? I am thinking of buying one when I get down there. Thank! :D

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by crbrown24
I haven't been to WDW in almost 7 years and am going for a week in January (17-24). I have been reading stuff about Pal Mickey and was wondering what thoughts everyone had on it. Was it worth the money? Was it annoying? I am thinking of buying one when I get down there. Thank! :D

he makes a good football...

mkepcotmgmak

Have you heard Mickey's newest quote?

"Gee Pal, I am going to have to charge you one dollar for every word i say - new rule by the big guy. I used to be the big guy - but Eisner stole my position. He tool over my house in toontown, and forced me to give up all my cash and assets. My nephew, Roy, is gone too, hope you have a magical day... slide 45 dollars into my a**.

HebeJebe

Whatever you guys. Pal Mickey is great. Sometimes he buzzes a little too many times in a row but he is adorable and very informative. Did you know whales used to have legs? The jokes correspond the area of the park you are in and he even talks during the Haunted Mansion. Mickey is a big scardy cat and his voiced fears are very funny. This big kid loves hers!

Matchieu

He is awesome. I got one the day it came out and it is well worth buying. Its is alot of fun to hear what he says past certain things. Very informative about lil things around you or about animals you pass hor how to say hello in a certain language! Well worth it. When you get there you can always just rent one and if you like it decide to keep it. Because when you rent it the deposit will be the same about if you were to buy it, and when u return it the amount you get back depends on how long you have it for. I can't remember if it was 6 or 7 days and then you own it. And when you rent Pal Mickey it is not like you are getting a dirty used one... everytime one gets returned its outter "skin" gets sent out and washed and the computer in it gets rebooted. He also tells jokes and you can play games with him. It helps a lil when you need time to pass in lines. He is fun and i am taking mine with me when i go back in Dec. I know all that other stuff b/c i used to sell them and had to take a pal mickey class lol

stkhill@mac.com

We have been to WDW many times, so he wasn't necessarily informative, but certainly fun. We were traveling with children ranging in age from 16yrs to 1 yr old, and everyone enjoyed him. It was fun to hear him tell jokes specific to the park you are in--and the games were fun for the smaller kids while in line. He does get difficult to hear--but overall we all enjoyed him.

Djali999

I rented him for a day. he's real cute at first, but then he starts to vibrate every three or four steps and tell you bad jokes....

it's good for little kids who need entertainment, but I think he gets rather cumbersome to tote around all day.

give him a rental and see how ya like him.

-SIR-

I am seriously thinking about getting one of these when I go... it might make the experience better for my frend who's never been. What do you do with it when you go on rides like Space or Splash Mountain or The Astro jetts?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Pal Mickey

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
I bet it was fun when you got to spike him in the endzone :D

that's nothing..

you should've seen my endzone dance

Scooter

Getting back to the Subject...:mad:

My wife and I were hesitant about buying a Pal Mickey because of the price. ($60 after taxes) but decided we wanted one, not just for the information, but also as a take-home souvigneer.

We're glad we bought one.

The little guy made us chuckle all day and night.
He seemed a little too talkative at EPCOT's World Showcase, but you have the option of ignoing him if you like.
His jokes are so corny they made us laugh...the jokes didn't make us laugh mind you..it was the silliness of the jokes.

Although we have been to the parks so many times that most of the information Mickey provided were things we already knew, I think it would be a blessing to WDW First timers.

My only complaint would have to be the lack of instruction we got when we purchased our PAL Mickey.

He would vibrate and giggle over and over everywhere we went and thats all he would do. After an hour and some experimentation, we figured out that when Mickey Laughs and vibrates, you have to squeeze his hand to get him to give you the information or hear his jokes. After we had that figured out, all went well.
ALSO: He's kind of hard to hear in crowded areas so you need to keep him above your waist and in front of you to hear him when you're in a busy or loud area.

He also plays 3 games which the kids might like.

Would I buy him again knowing what I know now? You Betcha!!

I have my PAL Mickey right here next to my computer and I always start my day off with a PAL Mickey Corny Joke-of-the-Day. That and my coffee always wake me up and start me off in a good mood.:)

PixyDust

Just don't turn your back on him for a second

Or he'll get stolen. Ours was. Had him sitting on top of the stroller, and turned my back to answer my husband, and **POW** he was gone. Went to lost and found, while they snickered as they filled out my report, adding a cynical "good luck" as I left...:cry:

DisneyPhD

Re: Just don't turn your back on him for a second

Originally posted by PixyDust
Or he'll get stolen. Ours was. Had him sitting on top of the stroller, and turned my back to answer my husband, and **POW** he was gone. Went to lost and found, while they snickered as they filled out my report, adding a cynical "good luck" as I left...:cry:

Oh Pixy, I am sorry to hear that. I may be living in a dream world, but I don't hear about things being stolen at WDW much. (and I don't worry about too much either.) Did you tell them about it where you bought it, or did you use VISA (who will sometimes replaces stollen items.) Come to think of it I remember a man telling the cast member at OKW where we were staying that they lost theirs or it was stollen, I think they gave him a new one.

We love our PAL mickey. He is fun, we got him for around 45$ with a discount from DVC, glad I bought it then.

Something good to know is our gift shop where we bought it had a whole box of clips if you lost yours (we did, got a new one for free then found the old one so now we have 2)

We leve for WDW in 3 1/2 weeks, can't wait to bring Mickey back, (and Little PhD, we called her our own little PAL Mickey, she was so much fun to be with, most of the time.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom