Page loading problems?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Sorry to bring this up again, but I still get huge lag at times when trying to click on threads. It seems to happen once every couple of minutes.

Other sites, and forums load instantly, but I still get hang ups now and then here for some reason...Trying on my wife's laptop did not solve the issue.

Now I never had a problem with this site until I started using IE, could going back to Firefox solve this?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
How frequently is this occurring?

Sometimes the site is normal, no issues for hours. Then I have the loading issues where it can happen every minute and for hours on end.

If you want, the next time it happens I'll type a response in this thread.

Then I'll switch over to Firefox and see if that helps.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I have the same problem. Sometimes a page loads right away and other times it can take a few minutes. I'm using Firefox.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It just happened to me a few minutes ago...not too long (a few seconds) just not as fast as normal.

Firefox 11.0

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
So it looks like its not browser based or isp based, one of the few things left is server based? This site ever get hit by ddos attacks? If so the script kiddies need to get a life.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. I've made some changes, can you let me know if you have any additional problems?

Thanks

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Ok, last couple of days have been glitch free, but it started back up today, a minute ago it took a minute for the page to load.

Also my account always logs me out when I refresh the page. I just switched to a different anti-virus software, went from Mcafee to Trend-Micro, could this be an issue?

With Trend-Micro, it seems more things are considered possibly being malicious than Mcafee ever was, some reason Iam thinking this could be a possible cause, but my forum script days have long since passed me by.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ok, last couple of days have been glitch free, but it started back up today, a minute ago it took a minute for the page to load.

Also my account always logs me out when I refresh the page. I just switched to a different anti-virus software, went from Mcafee to Trend-Micro, could this be an issue?

With Trend-Micro, it seems more things are considered possibly being malicious than Mcafee ever was, some reason Iam thinking this could be a possible cause, but my forum script days have long since passed me by.

That's kinda weird...do you click on the "Remember Me" box when you log in?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom