Packing tips?

MOMI2KIDS

Ok 7 days and 6 nights with DH, DS (6), DD (8) and myself. I'm thinking alot of stuff. Any must haves from those moms out there.
I have already purchased lots of sunscreen and after sun aloe.
The misting fans from walmart and some easy and much cheaper disney treats. But come on any really good mom tips.

I know from last trip we all need a pair of sandals for pool and 2 pair of sneakers. A backup for when the other pair gets wet from the Florida rain.

tigsmom

Chap stick, bandaids, Gold Bond powder. Kid's tylenol or motrin, 2 bathing suits, Q tips, PeptoBismol.

Make sure you have any medications packed in a plastic bag and carry them with you so they don't get lost.

We only pack 3 or 4 days worth of clothes and do laundry there. We each have a small drawstring backpack to carry our stuff in.

Upvote 0

swimmom

I always bring a little of every thing I have in the way of over the counter medications even cold medicaiton. I put it all in a Zip-Loc bag and I always include Cortaid. Works great for bug bites, bee stings and most any type of rash.

Upvote 0

Disneybird

Good socks are a must. Shout wipes, and a small pack of wet-ones. And allow each of them extra money for the game room at the hotel. As great as Disney World is, all kids are drawn to the game rooms.

Upvote 0

disney2005

Depending on when you are going..pack a couple of sweatshirts. We went a few years ago at the end of October and there were a couple of unexpected cool evenings. I found out the hard way that sweatshirts at Disney are expensive.

Also, bring your pediatrician's telephone number with you..I was glad I did.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Take a small bottle or some tablet of laundry detergent and only take 3-4 days worth of clothes. Do the laundry at night while your kids are sleeping, or during the day while in the pool with either you or your hubby.

Take meds with you, they are pricey if you have to buy them at Disney. Plus take some Band-Aid Blister bandages. Have a bottle of purell on you, so in case you can't get to the restroom to wash your hands, you have that to use. Bring regular band-aids as well along with antibiotic ointment since accidents happen.

A sweatshirt per person, you just never know about the weather, plus they are pricey as mentioned. Don't forget the bathing suits, I would take 2 if you have them per person, so that if the first isn't dried, you have a dry one.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Sunglasses, hats, bathing suit cover-ups, pop-up laundry hamper (about $3 in Walmart) so you don't have to pile all your dirty laundry in the corner, back or back pack for parks (one that will hold water bottles is really nice to have), small snacks for parks ( fruit snacks, granola bars etc), small notebook with all your reservation numbers, ADRs, flight info etc, moleskin for stopping blisters, beach bag for pool and water parks, disney dollars, park tickets if already purchased, camera, extra film/batteries as needed for camera, walkie talkies in case you separate (which happens).

Will probably think of more things!!

Have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Vaseline for chafing in the heat with all the walking...I'm a mom of sons...made a trip to First Aid in the MK for this problem and they suggested it and I have since alwayspacked it for the sons......it worked...enough said!

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Pumbas Nakasak said:
Credit card, everything else can be purchased.:dazzle:

That's my technique as well. Passport and credit card, anything else, as you say, can be purchased should it come to it.

Upvote 0

MaryMcMagic

A small travel or sample size of dish washing liquid. Wash out your resort mugs and if you buy souvenir cups or glasses at any of the restaurants you'll want to wash them up and reuse them. I always bring snacks in my backpack too. Nuts-cashews and the like-work well. I don't have to worry too much about crushing them. And licorice for the hubby. And a Sharpie if you plan on getting autographs. I take Dramamine, too. From one trip to another, some attractions have started to bother me. Extra Ziplocks come in handy for just about everything. I like to have plastic cups in the room for water and drinks, too. I could go on and on! Oh yea! A pump thingy of hand soap for the bathroom sink. It's a lot easier than the bars in the room (Then you can save those to take home as souvenirs!)

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

We always take a small cooler on the plane with a few sodas and sandwiches for when we get to Disney. I pack one suitcase with cereal, styrofoam dishes for the cereal, some goodies (chips small crackers for in the park) I go to the gift shop and buy milk and keep it in the cooler we brought for morning breakfast. We do have the dining plan but use that for lunch and dinner. We buy the refillable mugs and that covers sodasJuice coffee. The lunch we dont use the first day we are able to use our last day we always leave as late as possible. ALso dont overpack clothes we always wash there if we need to. Brig a small amount of detergeant from home. Also after 4 trips we are finally moving into the small Nike slingbackpack No more purses and carrying anything but what we need.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom