Packing question about visiting WDW in early December

My son and I are visiting WDW at the end of November/early December. For the most part we plan to spend all day and night in the parks without going back to our room. Does anybody have any packing tips? I’ve nevet gone any other time other than spring break.
I’m guessing shorts during the day and bring a change of jeans for the night? Also, what do you use for jackets? We are from
Michigan so I was thinking of bringing a spring jacket and a sweatshirt? Or should I bring our winter jackets? Any help would be appreciated!

ninjaprincesst

Just be aware Florida weather can change in an instant so be prepared. A couple of years ago we left the room in the morning and it was pleasant with a forcasted high of 75, nope got to MK and it turned frigid, we were there in shorts and no jackets ended up having to buy hoodies for everyone and leggings for my daughter, and we were still freezing. Then the next day back to pleasant.

Upvote 0

officialtom

We are going at the same time. East coast Canadians so anything above 65F is considered balmy! We'll be bringing mostly shorts and t-shirts with a few sweaters for later nights at the parks. My goal is to only wear long pants to our dinner at Cali Grill. And we plan to spend plenty of time in the pool!

Upvote 0

jimbojones

Coming from MI you may be happy with a sweatshirt, BUT as a fellow Northerner don't discount the effect of humidity in FL in the winter. At home I am wearing a long sleeve shirt and no jacket at 45 degrees but in humid central FL 45 feels absolutely frigid. Florida 40s and 50s feels colder than MI 40s and 50s in my experience

Upvote 0

Rudyard Kipling

Original Poster
Thanks, I'm taking everyone's advice. I've got ponchos and I bought some compression tights to throw in my backpack too, figured those are some lightweight options.

Here's an odd question, do I wear sunscreen?

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Definitely wait on the 10 day forecast for your actual dates. Temps could be all over the place and averages are just that. You could be fine or highly unprepared if you pack based on previous years or averages. I've experienced Decembers with temps in the 80s and I had one trip several years back where we had highs in the 30s-40s most days. If you must pack before you have an actual forecast, pack for everything and leave room to add in things based on the last minute forecasting changes.

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Yeah I wouldn’t trust averages. We’re going down to Fort Myers for Thanksgiving and was just checking the weather for next week. Today it’s in the 80s but next week the high is in the mid 70s with lows in the 40s-50s

Upvote 0

Plowboy

I use accuweather.com. Just plug in Lake Buena Vista Fl and the month and voila, you have a forecast. I check it every couple of days as it will change, but it is far better than going by "the average".

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

It all depends on what you consider cold/cool. When it gets below 70 degrees in FL, many Floridians are in parkas, ski gloves, heated socks. Me, it is shorts and short sleeve shirts until it is below 40.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom