package or piece meal vacation?

DisneyCP2000

Hey everyone. I'm planning a trip to Fl in the next couple of weeks. I was wondering how you guys and gals plan your vacation. Do you pick up a WDW package and go or do you buy tix, air, and board separately.

I usually do everything separately but this time around I'm planning to pick up a package (staying in WDW for the first time). Any tips and suggestion would be great! And thanks for helping me out :sohappy:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Prices fluctuate so much, its difficult to say. The thing about the packages is that you don't have to worry about anything, you can just get it all at once. However, if you have the time and ambition, I would advise at least getting prices for each seperately (especially the airline tickets) and then see if you are getting a deal, or getting ripped off. Sometimes, the prices in the package are good except for the prices on the plane tickets. If you are going to get a package, I would advise travelocity, they seem to have very good prices.

Upvote 0

Palenque

A package can cost you more, especially with a length of stay
pass that is day of touring you pay for the day you check and the
day you check out with all days in between.
If you check in your hotel after the parks have opened, you have
wasted the best part of the day (the morning) and the day you must check-out will be a problem too.

If you were to get sick or visit an attraction outside Walt Disney World, you will waste a day.

Buy a hopper pass.

Upvote 0

DisneyCP2000

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info! I've done some comparison shopping and creating my own vacation saved me a lot of money. I think I'll be creating my own package. but if there's anyone out there who got a really good deal let me know about it. I'd love to hear about you're "cheap" trip to WDW.

Upvote 0

mousefan17

mousesavers is the only reason that I am going to Disney at all this summer!

I have sat down befaore with a package, rack rates, and the prices for everything, and there is always a couple hundred dollars that go to nothing!

www.Mousesavers.com rules!

Upvote 0

Passport

Check with Delta Vacations and American Express. They both used to offer packages with specials that 'normal' people can't get. Talk to a travel agent to get more info also.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom