P. Sherman's First Name

Simba1

Original Poster
According to two different sources, I have two different answers for P. Sherman's first name. Wikipedia says it's Phillip but the soundtrack to Finding Nemo: The Musical says Pablo. Can someone help me?!?!!?

Thanks in advance!

mystermouse

pablo sherman, DDS

His name is never given in the screenplay dialogue. It may have been "Philip" in other materials, such as "behind the scenes" type books, but Andrew Stanton approved the use of "Pablo" for the musical. The writers of the musical thought it would be funny and slightly subversive to give him a hispanic name.

WDnJH

Rumor has it that Pixar employs many Filipinos. When they talk about the Dentist, the dentist goes fishing so he is a "fisherman" but a Filipino would pronounce it "P. Sherman." So no official first name originally. By the way, I'm Filipino myself so don't go calling me racist or anything.. haha

Janelle S

According to two different sources, I have two different answers for P. Sherman's first name. Wikipedia says it's Phillip but the soundtrack to Finding Nemo: The Musical says Pablo. Can someone help me?!?!!?

Thanks in advance!
His name is Phillip. If you zoom into the diplomas on the wall of the dentist's office in the movie they all say Phillip Sherman, so maybe it's an inside joke for the musical?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom