P.O Riverside info??

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I am going to P.O. Riverside on May 18th, 2002. any info on if the Mansion houses are open or if they are putting all the guests in Aliigator Bayou??

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Nope never!! It is the only one of the Moderates that I havent been to. From what I see it is supposed to be one of the best. Any opinions on that?? I've looked at pictures of the place and think Id dig the Mansion Houses more than Alligator Bayou. In any event I will be in Disney and that is really what matters to me!!! 38 more days!! WOOHOO!!!:sohappy:

disney2b

i've been to coranado also. but i really like POR. you can go a walk through french quarters though. nice rooms and 2 sinks handy with 4 people.

i have 28 more days, and i just decided to go back for 3 days last week. i'll be at all stars this time though, only so much the wallet can take. :lol:

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I have been to the P.O. French Quarter when it was just good old Port Orleans!!! I think I prefer Dixie Landings as a name to Riverside, but OK. I have stayed at ALL of the other Moderates and 2 out of three of the values so I Am pretty comfortable with the room layouts (which are all about the same) If you could, give me a feel for the place. Is it more lively than the others, better food courts, restaurants etc? Also when you say Port Orleans WDW 100 which one are you talking about?? I am SSSSOOOO confused!!!

Lance

They just re-opened all of the Riverside like a week or two ago.......

I also think Riverside is the best moderate, with Frech Quarter coming in a close second.

Riverside has a GREAT food court, one of the best in WDW.

Samwayla

WannabeBelle,
Port Orleans Riverside is a WONDERFUL resort. Like you said, you want to stay in one of the Mansions. I HIGHLY recommend this. We stayed in one of the Mansions last year and I like those. Each Mansion has it's own pool and in the evening they are nice and peaceful and quiet. It's so beautiful there. If you eat there I recommend you DO NOT eat at the counter service restauraunt. We ate breakfast there and it was the WORST breakfast I have ever had. Go to the full-service restaurant. I can't think of the name but I think it's Boatwrights. They have this really good french toast for breakfast. There is also a Marina and I think you can rent pontoon boats their and also these Surrey bikes that look like golfcarts. BUT it is VERY expensive to do this. Like $30 a half hour. I hope I don't sound too negative. Look on WDWIG.com It's a really good website with lots of info. You'll love POR though and I recommend staying in the mansions. I felt like I was in the Chancellor Estate on The Young & The Restless my favorite soap Well i hope maybe i helped if you have any more specific questions just ask

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Thanks so Much Samwayla!!!!! Exactly what I was looking for!! Incidentally I had the same experience as far as the food courts on my last trip to the Coronado Springs!!! My friend Richie was VERY unhappy with his breakfast from the food court. So as an alternate we ate at the Maya Grill the following day which has a Breakfast Buffett for like 11.99 Per person. Wonderful!!! we both really loved it. The service was great as was the food!!!! Thanks again for all of your help everyone!!

Goofalicious

I love Riverside, I haven't been there since they converted the name from Dixie Landings to the current, but I here from my brother that it hasn't changed at all, just the name. Yeah, Riverside is my favorite resort by far. By the way, does anyone know why the two resorts merged?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom