P.O. French Quarter or Riverside?

aklodge

I was wondering which one was better overall. I kinda like the old-fashioned look of Riverside, but Im not sure. All opinions appreciated!

Becky

You can't go wrong with either. I have stayed at Riverside several times and have visited friends at FQ. Riverside just seems to be more peaceful to me.

FQ has less walking as it is smaller and when the bus is shared it stops at FQ first.

You'll enjoy either.:)

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Riverside is not more peaceful - it is the louder and more children-filled of the two. I stay only at FQ these days - the convenience of the busses stopping at FQ first can't be overstated. It depends on what you are looking for -- Riverside has a sit-down restaurant - FQ does not. FQ has a better larger pool, but Riverside has a nice pool on the island, and several small "quiet pools" (NOTE: Quiet at WDW is a bit of a misnomer as I have always found the resorts to be noisy to some degree). I have always found FQ to be the quietest of the mid-range resorts, but it is better for adults without children. There are arcades at both, but the family amenities at Riverside far surpass those at FQ. Both resorts share a boat system to Downtown Disney. You can't really go wrong with either resort. And for those who have sayed there before, there are an equal number of lizards at either one, the ones at FQ just have southern drawls.

Upvote 0

Shanandty

We loved POFQ... it was small, and beautiful and very peaceful. We went to Riverside to eat a few times, and while it is beautiful, you couldn't pay me to walk to my room from the bustop after a long day at Disney!- :lol:
Everything is very close at FQ, but not where you feel smothered.

If you don't mind having a longer hike to your room or to the resturant, either one is a good choice.

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

dannytaylor

you can't go wrong with POR this past july when my family and i stayed there it was very peaceful and nice,the pools are great and the landscaping is beautiful.I think POFQ is a little bit louder than POR i did not have a bad moment ever,we loved it and can't wait to go back after our twin boy's arive this june.have a great trip.:wave:

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

FRENCH QUARTER all the way! :sohappy:

I am a new fan of this resort after finally staying there a couple years ago for the first time. I love the smaller size and the decor of the place.

Now, aside from Wilderness Lodge, this is my resort of choice!

:wave:

Upvote 0

River Roost

Shanandty said:
We went to Riverside to eat a few times, and while it is beautiful, you couldn't pay me to walk to my room from the bustop after a long day at Disney!

If you don't mind having a longer hike to your room or to the resturant, either one is a good choice.

I definitely agree.

I've had the opportunity to stay at the Riverside and enjoyed the overall experience. The last time I was there I lucked out and got a room about 20 yards from the North bus stop. Great location but it meant my walk to breakfast or dinner (if I was eating there) was about 8 to 10 minutes. Not bad at all and it made for a nice walk after dinner.

I'm going back for a week in March at the Riverside. It will be interesting to see what room I get this time.

Oh, and as for the kids, in my experience it really depended when you were there. One year I saw very few children and the next it seemed quite the opposite.

Whatever you decide to do, have a great time.:wave:

Upvote 0

FloridaJoshua

Riverside - Hands Down

Riverside hands down. I think it's much prettier than FQ due to all the plants used in the landscaping. FQ reminds me of the less landscaped value resorts. If you want that type of atmosphere, why not save a few bucks and stay at Pop Century? If you don't want a long walk, ask for a room in Alligator Bayou. Our room was close to the bus stop and the food court.

Enjoy your stay.:cool:

Upvote 0

Slosh

my money is on FQ, Riverside is basically the same as caribbean beach, which all seems so sparse and spread out. But, it is a very small margin- if you like everything closer together go FQ. if you dont mind the walks, the scenery is still nice at riverside and the restaurant is there. If you have a car, I think Riverside would be the better choice.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

We've stayed at both, and LOVED both. I find Riverside a little quieter and more relaxing, maybe just because it's more spread out. However, you can't go wrong with either one! Have a great trip.:wave:

Upvote 0

Kaleigh

We have only stayed at Riverside, and we loved it. We visited FQ and preferred our pool, but I guess it is just personal taste. We were in Alligator Bayou, building 18 which was a great location. It is super close to a quiet pool, and pretty close to the restaurant/gift shop/bus stop etc. The only building that is closer is building 14. Some buildings are very remote, so be sure to ask when you book. My husband and I loved the ambiance, and it was very romantic even walking back to our room after the parks with all the greenery. More than a few times there were ducks waddling across the path in the morning. I hope that helps a little.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom