P.I. Update

typhoonguy

Original Poster
Just went and stretched my legs at P.I. for a bit to see the new changes. The new bridge leading from the West Side is very nice.

When you arrive at the top of it (near BET/Comedy) there is a new restroom area on the left. It wasn't open yet, but it looks very nice. BET's outdoor bar and Jungle Juice still aren't back. The wall has infact moved to the opposite side of the island and the walkway has a lot more room than previously.

There are new handrails all over which should aid those with severe sobriety deficiencies. There is also a landing next to where they are puting the new boat launch with some tables and chairs and a wonderful view of cirque and saratoga.

8trax is now downloading rather than uploading, so if you're going there, head for the back entrance near the waterfront. Comedy Warehouse is still uploading, but I hear that may soon change. The old bridge is still up, but the path to it is blocked from both sides.

That's all I've got :) I look forward to the changes, it's already shaping up to look great!

luckyeye13

The walkway along the water (on the club side) is now Cast Member only from just after 8-Trax to the now-closed gates by the old West Side bridge. So now, you either have to walk through Pleasure Island or take the walkway on the parking lot side of the water in order to cut through to the West Side.

Meeko

Does it seem to anyone else like the name Pleasure Island will no longer fit this area of Downtown Disney once these renovations are finished? The idea of Pleasure Island was a kid-free place right, but now they're attempting to make it more for the whole family...:brick:

metscool

I went on Friday night and crossed the bridge for the first time... it was so surreal! It's looking good though!
Hey. I was there friday night. I was at Motions all night. Dancing the night away.
Just went and stretched my legs at P.I. for a bit to see the new changes. The new bridge leading from the West Side is very nice.

When you arrive at the top of it (near BET/Comedy) there is a new restroom area on the left. It wasn't open yet, but it looks very nice. BET's outdoor bar and Jungle Juice still aren't back. The wall has infact moved to the opposite side of the island and the walkway has a lot more room than previously.

There are new handrails all over which should aid those with severe sobriety deficiencies. There is also a landing next to where they are puting the new boat launch with some tables and chairs and a wonderful view of cirque and saratoga.

8trax is now downloading rather than uploading, so if you're going there, head for the back entrance near the waterfront. Comedy Warehouse is still uploading, but I hear that may soon change. The old bridge is still up, but the path to it is blocked from both sides.

That's all I've got :) I look forward to the changes, it's already shaping up to look great!
So where you there last night. I first I went to see the Comedy Warehouse.I love those guys. Last night first show I went to. They were OK the first show they were not as funny as there other two night this weekend. After that I ended up going between Motions and The Beach Club(not the resort).

liquid toez

Superstar Studios is gone

the bad news - Superstar Studios is gone - the good news - there are plans to expand the 8 Trax club - so I heard from an employee

TomDisney

R.I.P. Pleasure Island.:cry:

PI was at its best when they had the P.I. Dancers and the countdown to 2000 show at the West End Stage at 11:45pm each night.

And who remembers the Phantom of the Opera show in Mannequins each night around 11pm and the other show they did around 1am.

typhoonguy

Original Poster
R.I.P. Pleasure Island.:cry:

PI was at its best when they had the P.I. Dancers and the countdown to 2000 show at the West End Stage at 11:45pm each night.

And who remembers the Phantom of the Opera show in Mannequins each night around 11pm and the other show they did around 1am.
Dancers have returned to Mannequins, as well as 8Trax now has Go-Gos and Rock'n'Roll Beach Club has live bands 365 nights a year, including out-of-state bands somewhat frequently now. The island is already looking MUCH better with all the new additions. P.I. is finally getting a new breath of life. I'm sick of hearing "P.I. is dead". PI was dead, hence all the new updates. The new Harley store is great! Raglan Road is tuns of fun. The live bands at RRBC have produced some BIG crowds a few nights a week, ect ect.

The 'Nightly New Years Eve Parties' died a while ago, and because of that they're gone, and honestly I'm glad. The last two years they ran them, you may have seen 50-100 people in front of the stage on an average night. It was time for something different, and I'm glad to see that it's getting some changes.

I'm VERY excited for the final changes coming up in December!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss the Video Screens from P.I. Live. Does anybody know if their planning on putting up any new ones, or are they pretty much losing the P.I. Live videos? I used to love just hanging out in the streets of P.I. on Fridays and Saturdays cause we were all CMs and didn't want to pay to get in the clubs :lol: But P.I. Live made it fun for us :D

liquid toez

I miss the Video Screens from P.I. Live. Does anybody know if their planning on putting up any new ones, or are they pretty much losing the P.I. Live videos? I used to love just hanging out in the streets of P.I. on Fridays and Saturdays cause we were all CMs and didn't want to pay to get in the clubs :lol: But P.I. Live made it fun for us :D

You can still view the videos on the smaller monitors but its not as good as the big screen. Also, I noticed last Friday (9/15/06) the "request phone" to the DJ booth was gone from its normal location.

You can still view the videos on the smaller monitors but its not as good as the big screen. Also, I noticed last Friday (9/15/06) the "request phone" to the DJ booth was gone from its normal location.
Nooo!!! Not the Request Phone!!! That was one of those things that very few people knew about so it worked great. The DJ's are so cool. What are they doing to P.I.???

And those little TV's are horrible. The biggest one they have is that LCD screen on the DJ booth right next to Raglan Road and it has a HORRIBLE picture. ERG!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom