Owners Locker? Is it Worth It?

Philo

Never used it but it should like a good idea.

I would be really nervous that my stuff would get lost or worse, the company goes bust and you loose everything. The idea of the online dashboard to track your items is a neat idea. I know that if I didn't have a list I would end up bringing everything twice!

Upvote 0

LouDisney

I signed up for Owner's Locker a few months ago. I will have my first delivery in two weeks. I am single and I am an Annual Passholder and I travel to WDW anywhere from 2 to 4 times a year.
Me and my best friend always take trips together, so we split the cost. We are using it for toiletries, our ponchos, a hair dryer,things like that.

What appealed to me about this whole thing is I fly when I go down and the thought of not having to pack toiletries is just heaven sent. They take up so much room in your suitcase, (and extra weight) and if I am staying 8 or 9 days, I have to pack two suitcases.

I am sure it's not for everyone. I think it's a great service and I look forward to trying it out. I am not really worried about anything getting lost. If it did, I am not putting things in there that can't be replaced. I can write a review of it when I get back if you would like and let you know how things went. If you have any questions you can go to their website and they have a forum and the guys that own it have always replied back to me very quickly with any questions or concerns I have had. They are really nice guys.

Upvote 0

matysgranma

I'm new to this website and while browsing I saw this post.
I stumbled upon Owners Locker about a year ago, and I must tell you, this is one of the best ideas since peanut butter and jelly.
I travel to WDW and UniversalOrlando at least 4 times a year, and I wouldn't be without my Owners Locker. It has made my packing so easy. I'm now down to 1 suitcase because so much of what I need is already in my locker. I know that people say you can always shop at Walmart, Target, etc when you get to WDW, but frankly I don't want to waste my valuable time in the stores when I could be enjoying my time at Disney.
I have used this service many times, packing everything from sunscreen to makeup to wine to bottled water (and EVERYTHING in between). My locker is ALWAYS waiting for me whether I start my trip at WDW or Universal, and I've never had a problem with anything in my locker. Everything is just as I packed it last trip.
So do I recommend this service? You bet I do. Both owners are extremely reliable and professional. You won't be sorry!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I have a friend who uses this. He travels to orlando alot for work 4 times a year and he just keeps certain things in it for when he travels there. He loves it and his work picks up the tab too.

Upvote 0

Dwelty

We have used this service twice now and love it. We have 3 kids and travel from the west coast. We were able to reduce our luggage by 1/3 because we store our vacation items with this service. They are very professional.

I recommend them highly.

Upvote 0

Surf Fish2285

Original Poster
I signed up for Owner's Locker a few months ago. I will have my first delivery in two weeks. I am single and I am an Annual Passholder and I travel to WDW anywhere from 2 to 4 times a year.
Me and my best friend always take trips together, so we split the cost. We are using it for toiletries, our ponchos, a hair dryer,things like that.

What appealed to me about this whole thing is I fly when I go down and the thought of not having to pack toiletries is just heaven sent. They take up so much room in your suitcase, (and extra weight) and if I am staying 8 or 9 days, I have to pack two suitcases.

I am sure it's not for everyone. I think it's a great service and I look forward to trying it out. I am not really worried about anything getting lost. If it did, I am not putting things in there that can't be replaced. I can write a review of it when I get back if you would like and let you know how things went. If you have any questions you can go to their website and they have a forum and the guys that own it have always replied back to me very quickly with any questions or concerns I have had. They are really nice guys.

Yes please do write a review when you return, that would be awesome!

Thank you to everyone that posted, your replies are very helpful!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

It seems a little steep in price for me.

Maybe its just me, I do travel quite a bit for business, and to a variety of places. I have a toliet kit (in fact it's the Geer Ness one from the Epcot Norway Pavillion) that I keep packed with travel size stuff and razors/toothbrush/hairbrush etc). Whenever I have to travel, I pick it up, toss in the suitcase, and poof! all packed.

This thing would be nice for a few things - like those noodle pool floats my kids like. But I can't see spending $100+ a year just for that.

Maybe now that I have bought into the DVC and will have kitchen facilites my outlook will change, but for now I cant see myself using it.

-dave

Upvote 0

matysgranma

It seems a little steep in price for me.

Maybe its just me, I do travel quite a bit for business, and to a variety of places. I have a toliet kit (in fact it's the Geer Ness one from the Epcot Norway Pavillion) that I keep packed with travel size stuff and razors/toothbrush/hairbrush etc). Whenever I have to travel, I pick it up, toss in the suitcase, and poof! all packed.

This thing would be nice for a few things - like those noodle pool floats my kids like. But I can't see spending $100+ a year just for that.

Maybe now that I have bought into the DVC and will have kitchen facilites my outlook will change, but for now I cant see myself using it.

-dave
Well, Dave, you're lucky to be a guy who can pick up his travel kit and be done with it. I'm the one who's responsible for all the major packing in our family. So my locker now includes the hair necessities (hair mousse, hair gel, hair spray), medical necessities (neosporin, cortaid, ice packs, aspirin, bandaids, benadryl), toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, nail file, nail clippers, sunscreen, lip balm, body glide, candles, rain ponchos, plastic plates, cups, silverware, room candles, air fresheners, hats, bathing suits, etc., etc., etc. And the list goes on and on. So rather than packing all these things each time our family travels, I have them right at my fingertips when I arrive.
I only wish I could travel with just my toothbrush and travel kit. Nope, I don't see that ever happening.
I will admit I was somewhat skeptical that I would really find a use for this locker. But once you use it, you kinda get hooked on the convenience this service offers. I love my Owner's Locker.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Well, Dave, you're lucky to be a guy who can pick up his travel kit and be done with it. I'm the one who's responsible for all the major packing in our family. So my locker now includes the hair necessities (hair mousse, hair gel, hair spray), medical necessities (neosporin, cortaid, ice packs, aspirin, bandaids, benadryl), toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, nail file, nail clippers, sunscreen, lip balm, body glide, candles, rain ponchos, plastic plates, cups, silverware, room candles, air fresheners, hats, bathing suits, etc., etc., etc. And the list goes on and on. So rather than packing all these things each time our family travels, I have them right at my fingertips when I arrive.
I only wish I could travel with just my toothbrush and travel kit. Nope, I don't see that ever happening.
I will admit I was somewhat skeptical that I would really find a use for this locker. But once you use it, you kinda get hooked on the convenience this service offers. I love my Owner's Locker.

Ah, let me guess, you bring a backpack into the parks too, with wipes, hats, water bottles, snacks, etc. Not me. Wallet, camera, cell phone, glasses, and if it looks like it may rain, stuffable backpacking poncho.

Not a thing wrong with that. Thats just not me (or my kids). I have never brought a candle or a air freshener with me on a vacation and I don't think I ever will. Thinning hair has one advantage, you can comb it with a towel :) so no gel / dryer / mousse there. Maybe, maybe some asprin, but chances are if anybody needs some I will just get one of those travel packs from the lobby. Can think of one time that I was sick while in a hotel, and it was not a Dinsey location (I tipped the fine staff at Hershey VERY well, food poisioning was not fun)

I guess it all depends on how you pack. Like I said, now that I have bought into the DVC I can see it being handy for condiments and staples. Maybe even stick a cheap foodsaver in there, and vaccum seal all the stuff before it goes into storage.

-dave

Upvote 0

matysgranma

Ah, let me guess, you bring a backpack into the parks too, with wipes, hats, water bottles, snacks, etc. Not me. Wallet, camera, cell phone, glasses, and if it looks like it may rain, stuffable backpacking poncho.

Not a thing wrong with that. Thats just not me (or my kids). I have never brought a candle or a air freshener with me on a vacation and I don't think I ever will. Thinning hair has one advantage, you can comb it with a towel :) so no gel / dryer / mousse there. Maybe, maybe some asprin, but chances are if anybody needs some I will just get one of those travel packs from the lobby. Can think of one time that I was sick while in a hotel, and it was not a Dinsey location (I tipped the fine staff at Hershey VERY well, food poisioning was not fun)

I guess it all depends on how you pack. Like I said, now that I have bought into the DVC I can see it being handy for condiments and staples. Maybe even stick a cheap foodsaver in there, and vaccum seal all the stuff before it goes into storage.

-dave
Actually, you are quite wrong on that account. I do not carry a backpack, fannypack or even a purse. I put my passes and id's in a lanyard around my neck so I don't even have to go through security. and if rain might be in the pictures, a thin poncho goes into my back pocket.
It depends on how you look at your vacation. I want the feel of "home away from home". I'm able to achieve that with my Owners Locker.
Like you said, it's not an idea that would meet everyone's needs. I'm sure glad I found out about it cuz it makes my trips much more enjoyable. Thank you to the owner's of Owners Lockers!

Upvote 0

LouDisney

Sorry I am just now writing this. I am so impressed with Owner's Locker and glad I did it.
I was on my way to get my luggage when I got my texted that my locker had been delivered to Pop. I checked in, went to my room and then went and got my locker. It's very big, very spacious. I am sharing it with my best friend and our main thing was toiletries, they take up so much room in your suitcase and depending on the length of the trip, I would sometimes take 2 suitcases. We are sharing the locker and splitting the cost.

The night before leaving, we packed it up and did not fill it up at all. We had plenty of room to add other stuff. We had toiletries, band aids, meds, hair dryer, our resort mugs, ponchos, park bags, things like that, but as mentioned before, still have room to add more stuff. We called bell services and scheduled for them to pick it up and they did and when I arrived home I got another texted that my locker had been picked up and was at the main storage facility.

I have been impressed with everything from day one and have no regrets about any of it. I am going back to WDW in two weeks and I am so excited about packing 1 suitcase.

Upvote 0

KevGuy

Way too expensive for me for what is about 2 square feet of storage if you take out the dividers. If I decide to change my plans or something comes up and I don't go more than once then I still pay but don't use my stuff that may be stored. Nah, I'd rather pack a little extra and take it with me at that time and save the extra $100 per year and put that toward my ticket cost. I mean what do you really need to store? bandaids, sweaters, etc? I can get condiments at burger king if I'm that hard up lol and squeeze a sweater in my bag thanks. :shrug: More power to those that use it and get full benefit for it and get their money's worth, I just see it as a waste of my money for what amounts to a recycle bin that has a tie wrap on it for stuff that I may or may not use that can easily be brought with me anyway. I am a DVC owner too and have a lot of people who swear by it and say good things about it. I guess you just have to look at your situation and see if it is really of value to you to store whatever and get the full benefit. :cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom