Own Beverages at Hotel

GJM724

Original Poster
I am writing a list for our Amazon Prime Now order and wanted to know what the policy was on bringing our own adult down beverages down to the pool with a small cooler. I would assume that we can't bring glass bottles down, but would they frown on cans? We are staying at the Poly if that matters.

Kamikaze

I am writing a list for our Amazon Prime Now order and wanted to know what the policy was on bringing our own adult down beverages down to the pool with a small cooler. I would assume that we can't bring glass bottles down, but would they frown on cans? We are staying at the Poly if that matters.

You can bring your own bottles to the pool. My aunt and uncle bring an entire portable martini bar (with real martini glasses) to the pool every day of their trips. If you don't act like an idea when you drink, you'll be fine.

DISR

I don't think I've ever brought a cooler down, but I've had my own Yeti or plastic solo cup many times, and refilled from my room. That has not been a problem. They sell the 16 oz aluminum beer bottles and beer cans of various brands in the resort shops. If you bring your own, it would blend in with whatever is sold at the resort shop. Another tactic is to get a small enough cooler that it will fit in a beach bag with your other pool gear. Bottom line: you shouldn't have any issues bringing in your own drinks. I don't think it is really an issue, but I also try not to rub the resort's nose in what I am doing.

Club Cooloholic

You can bring your own bottles to the pool. My aunt and uncle bring an entire portable martini bar (with real martini glasses) to the pool every day of their trips. If you don't act like an idea when you drink, you'll be fine.
As a former life guard, I hate reading this, they should be using plastic glasses and yes cans for beer or pour your beverages into plastic cups I assume they are doing this at a quiet pool without a guard or they would find trouble. It's just thoughtless. One of those glasses falls and breaks and kids are going to end up with glass in their feet. I wont even go into the problems of it ending up in the pool.

Last edited:

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Drinks of any type, as well as glass, are prohibited on WDW pool decks (no knowledge how far that extends from the pool). No glass within 50 feet of unfenced pools.

CD07C7A7-A14A-41DE-B7C3-0D4B0EA8DFBD.jpeg

GJM724

Original Poster
As a former life guard, I hate reading this, they should be using plastic glasses and yes cans for beer or pour your beverages into plastic cups I assume they are doing this at a quiet pool without a guard or theybwould find trouble. It's just thoughtless. One of those glasses falls and breaks and kids are going to end up with glass in their feet. I wont even go into the problems of it ending up in the pool.

I knew better than to bring glass but was curious about aluminum bottles or cans. Didn’t know if Disney would lock down on that so I would have to buy from the pool bar.

DISR

My general rule of thumb is to no do anything that would cause Disney to re-think their policy or clamp down on existing rules. It is a nice benefit that this is permitted. I would not want to be the one that ruins it for others. That is why I generally keep my outside beverages low key.

Also, I know drink prices are high, but that does not necessarily translate to lots of money for the hard-working pool staff. I try to order some food from them or a unique drink supplemented by my own food/beverages. They work pretty hard and I appreciate the service they provide.

Club Cooloholic

My general rule of thumb is to no do anything that would cause Disney to re-think their policy or clamp down on existing rules. It is a nice benefit that this is permitted. I would not want to be the one that ruins it for others. That is why I generally keep my outside beverages low key.

Also, I know drink prices are high, but that does not necessarily translate to lots of money for the hard-working pool staff. I try to order some food from them or a unique drink supplemented by my own food/beverages. They work pretty hard and I appreciate the service they provide.
When in doubt, a beer koozie can solve a lot of worry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom