Overwhelming!

CB92

Going to Disney for the first time without my Dad the Disney planner June 22-26. Booked our fast passes last week and we're super excited, just overwhelmed with planning! I was going to go back and play around with a few fast passes...ones like ToT at HS are already sold out for the whole day! That worries me that we won't get to go on any rides we don't have fast passes for without waiting in line for hours. I go every other year, when did Disney become like this?! SO much planning has to be done. Any planning suggestions?

Weather_Lady

First of all, do not fret. You will still get to experience the attractions for which you don't have FP+, with a reasonable wait, if you are willing to arrive before rope drop and go to those attractions first, or stay late at a park and visit them in the hour before close, or during morning or evening EMH. (Because MK has so many attractions, you'll need at least two rope drop/late night periods, plus two FP+ allotments, to avoid long lines in MK. The other parks can be done with a single rope drop/late night/FP+ allotment, if any. We've never used FP+ in AK, for example, and never needed to...) As long as you know which attractions to prioritize, you'll be in good shape.

Upvote 0

DisneyFans4Life

Figure out which rides offer single rider (Test Track, RNRC, Everest, etc). Those are rides that you shouldn't use a FP on and don't need to rush at rope drop to get there (unless you want to). I'd look at the FPs you have now and then figure out of the rides you don't have a FP for, which ones you absolutely must do and then make your plans around that.

It's going to be hot and crowded in June, so expect long lines pretty much everywhere. WDW is different than it was years ago, so if you go into the vacation with the right expectations, you won't be disappointed.

Are you making any ADRs?

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Any planning suggestions?
I always think the most important tip for new planners is to recognize right off the bat that your trip 1) WILL be amazing and 2) will NOT be perfect, no matter how much planning you do. Once you realize those two things, the stress kind of melts away. We've all witnessed in-park meltdowns by adults as much as by children, and I think a lot of it is the pressure to have a 100% perfect vacation. Folks don't know how to cope when things deviate from their preconceived notion of how the trip is supposed to go. Go with a plan, but plan to deviate from the plan (if that makes sense).

Upvote 0

Figmentation

Everyone above has the right idea.

Also, since you've been before, make plans and time for the attractions you want to ride, Fastpasses or not. Don't expect to get on every right, especially since you are going in June.

Mid-day naps, or going back to the resort to rest up, or IF you have the energy.. go to Disney Springs and just enjoy yourself during the most busy/hottest time of the day. Then, as mentioned above, go back later in the evening. A large part of the crowd filters out after the fireworks shows in most locations. If you want a head start, go to the rides DURING the fireworks if you had already seen them before.

It's going to be busy, no way around that. Just go and have fun. :D

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I always think the most important tip for new planners is to recognize right off the bat that your trip 1) WILL be amazing and 2) will NOT be perfect, no matter how much planning you do. Once you realize those two things, the stress kind of melts away. We've all witnessed in-park meltdowns by adults as much as by children, and I think a lot of it is the pressure to have a 100% perfect vacation. Folks don't know how to cope when things deviate from their preconceived notion of how the trip is supposed to go. Go with a plan, but plan to deviate from the plan (if that makes sense).

So true. We started going to WDW before they had FPs. On those trips there would be long lines for rides, if you wanted to ride something then you got in line. It is part of the nature of amusement parks. I think with the FPs now that people do not look at it as a bonus for a few rides but as an entitlement. You will have to wait for rides, that is just how it is. If you go into it knowing that it will be busy and you will have to wait for everything and just see your FPs as a little bonus, then you will have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
So true. We started going to WDW before they had FPs. On those trips there would be long lines for rides, if you wanted to ride something then you got in line. It is part of the nature of amusement parks. I think with the FPs now that people do not look at it as a bonus for a few rides but as an entitlement. You will have to wait for rides, that is just how it is. If you go into it knowing that it will be busy and you will have to wait for everything and just see your FPs as a little bonus, then you will have a great trip.

@jaklgreen's post really hit the nail on the head! We always decide before going what we absolutely "must see/do" and we make sure to accomplish those things - that way everyone leaves the parks happy :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I always think the most important tip for new planners is to recognize right off the bat that your trip 1) WILL be amazing and 2) will NOT be perfect, no matter how much planning you do. Once you realize those two things, the stress kind of melts away. We've all witnessed in-park meltdowns by adults as much as by children, and I think a lot of it is the pressure to have a 100% perfect vacation.

WHAAAT.... I demand my trip be perfect. I've spent months planning every little detail.
picgifs-angry-sad-upset-0260698.gif

Dont get negative if things dont go exactly as planned. Be patient, be flexible and remember youre at Disney and youre there to have fun. No matter what you encounter on your trip, YOUR frame of mind makes it pleasant or a disaster.

Upvote 0

CB92

Original Poster
Figure out which rides offer single rider (Test Track, RNRC, Everest, etc). Those are rides that you shouldn't use a FP on and don't need to rush at rope drop to get there (unless you want to). I'd look at the FPs you have now and then figure out of the rides you don't have a FP for, which ones you absolutely must do and then make your plans around that.

It's going to be hot and crowded in June, so expect long lines pretty much everywhere. WDW is different than it was years ago, so if you go into the vacation with the right expectations, you won't be disappointed.

Are you making any ADRs?

yes! We have reservations for Be Our Guest and Hollywood Brown Derby, HBD is only for the the Fantasmic dining package. I'm taking my boyfriend who has somehow never been to Disney before. This is the main reason I'm stressing....I need to convert him over to the Disney side!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom