Overtype and Forum Issues

Connor002

Original Poster
Alright, I've recently had two problems, the first being a simple fix, I imagine.

1) I sometimes find myself typing a response and accidentally hit some kind of keyboard shortcut to overtype, and I've been unsuccessful at fixing this problem, or changing it back without closing the Reply window. Would anyone care to help me with this?

2) Also, I find that on occasion, though not yet frequent, I have the problem that the forums, basically, do not work. I can navigate the photo albums and main site, but no part of the forums will load or reload. Help, please?

Thanks in Advance,

Connor

EDIT: I've also just found another problem, somehow I've managed to accidentally hit another shortcut which posted this thread before I finished, and did it twice.

Computer Magic

Connor002 said:
EDIT: I've also just found another problem, somehow I've managed to accident hit another shortcut which posted this thread before I finish, and did it twice.
I've done the last one a few times :hammer:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I usually have accidentally hit the "Insert" button when I end up overtyping instead of inserting... Try that.

dflye

Connor002 said:
What insert button?
On a standard full-size PC keyboard, there are four keys in a row above the numeric keypad on the right hand side (or somewhere in that general area)

They usually are Insert, Print Screen, Screen Lock and Pause.

The Insert key usually acts as a toggle, switching between insert and overtype modes.

Connor002

Original Poster
dflye said:
On a standard full-size PC keyboard, there are four keys in a row above the numeric keypad on the right hand side (or somewhere in that general area)

The Insert key usually acts as a toggle, switching between insert and overtype modes.

Ah, thank you. That fixes that problem.

intenseblue98

dflye said:

That particular insert key only functions if you do not have NUM LOCK on. If you use NUM LOCK to utilize the number pad the key is 0 (at least on my keyboard it is.) There is another insert key between the standard keyboard and the number pad. Insert is the next key to the right of backspace on my keyboard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom