Overrated restaurants in WDW

Sans Souci

I was definitely disappointed in 50s. I was expecting a lot though. The menu seemed almost perfect to me. I did not enjoy my meal, or the others I sampled. I will agree CP, food wise is not my favorite buffet, but I love the place. I am almost afraid to say it, but I was disappointed in Via Napoli. Some people seem to take negative comments about VN personal.

I feel that way about Via Napoli, too. I don't think it was bad, I just felt it was overhyped on blogs and message boards. I admit fault in getting caught up in the hype. :)

Plowboy

Honestly, I can't figure out what the big hub-bub is about Le Cellier. We've eaten there a couple/three times over the years and it just doesn't do anything for me. I suppose; as with anything else, it's just a matter of personal preference. Another restaurant we did many years ago was Tony's in the MK. Never again. It was like being served Chef Boy R D. Ugh! In all fairness, it may have changed since then, but that first impression...

We have our favorites that we go to each trip (Kona Cafe, Boma, Biergarten, etc.) and try to hit a couple of new ones each trip. One thing's for sure, there is plenty of variety to chose from.

flavious27

Me and my wife really did not like sci fi, the setup is too akward for it to be a TS. I know that DHS lacks TS places, but some places should not be.

sgtmgd

Tonys....Pre refurb...Hollywood and Vine for Dinner ( Id rather visit a proctologist for 30 straight days than eat that drivel again) Id like to see both the Sci-Fi and 50's prime time have a little better menu..food wasnt bad...atmospehere is great. CRT....again amniance is fantastic...memu selection very limited

Obi

50's prime time was definitely overrated. horrible experience there and the food wasn't that great. i liked sci-fi more than 50's prime time.

PolynesianPrincess

We pretty much have enjoyed all our dining experiences. Le Cellier, Ohana and 50s top the list for us. Maybe we are just easy to please or don't expect much from places? I'm not sure.... One place that I am in no rush to return to is Sci Fi Dine In. The atmosphere was awesome and the burger I had was good but nothing I can't get at Beaches N Cream or even Cosmic Rays. If we ever do dine there again I think I will try something different.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
For me Le Cellier is the biggest let down. It is hyped so much, and delivers so little - on multiple visits

Cape May Cafe I have been to once, but it was so poor all around that I doubt I will ever give it a second chance.

The last meal I had at R&C was downright pitiful. But, I have had good meals there before, so that may have been a one off.

-dave

Have to agree with you on Cape May Cafe--won't go there for the dinner buffet again, although I do still kind of enjoy the overpriced breakfast buffet.

My last meal at R&C was definitely a let down.

I've never not enjoyed my meal at Le Cellier, but I've been eating there for fifteen years and never bought into the hype.

My one let-down was California Grill. Between dining among the "great unwashed" in a restaurant that supposedly has a dress code (which I adhered to, I felt incredibly overdressed), the meal just wasn't "all that". The service, they tried really hard, but it was difficult to overcome the very long stretches in between courses.

Daddymouse

Mine would have to be Raglan Road. I think it was misnamed and is really to be called "Rags on Road" or maybe that is what the food tasted like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom