Trip Report Outside the Bubble

Hello friends!

This report will be different from previous reports because as the title states we stayed outside of the bubble. After two trips last year, it was decided we would skip this year and head to the beach for our family vacation, but we just couldn't stay away. However, we did not stay on property nor did we visit any of the 4 main parks, but we did have some Disney fun. So if you are interested, stay tuned!

Me (Heather), Cam and Josh
family pic.jpg

Sbk1234

Very nice trip report. Your pictures showed me parts of WDW that I've never seen before. I checked on Google Earth and the location of your villa practically couldn't be any closer to WDW without actually being on property. Back in 2016 my family stayed at the Orange Lake Resort which was walking distance from your resort. We just Ubered to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which took about 5 minutes, then took Disney busses from there. I liked all the Disney touches that your resort had. It seems like it would be almost as good as staying on property. People tend to forget there's so much more to see and do at WDW other than theme parks.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Very nice trip report. Your pictures showed me parts of WDW that I've never seen before. I checked on Google Earth and the location of your villa practically couldn't be any closer to WDW without actually being on property. Back in 2016 my family stayed at the Orange Lake Resort which was walking distance from your resort. We just Ubered to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which took about 5 minutes, then took Disney busses from there. I liked all the Disney touches that your resort had. It seems like it would be almost as good as staying on property. People tend to forget there's so much more to see and do at WDW other than theme parks.

Thank you. Yes it was very close. When on the main road coming in you could see the roof of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We said how crazy because when we stayed at the Lodge you feel so isolated from the rest of the world. I really enjoyed seeing things around property that I had never seen before. We saw where they apparently park a lot of the buses and some of the different offices as well which was neat. We missed the parks but certainly enjoyed slowing down and enjoying what else there was to offer.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Enjoyed your report! It's funny how much Disney just sucks us back in when we think we'll take a break. Glad your going back and looking forward to hearing about the details.
Yes! And it had me thinking back to 5 years ago when Josh went for the first time on our honeymoon. After that trip, he said he liked it but couldn't see going back often. Fast forward to now and he's getting calls from the guys he works with asking him for WDW tips! It cracks me up. A lot of his coworkers visit often so they are always talking Disney at work.

Thanks for reading!

Billy6

That's what I was afraid of! I think we made the right call. Plus, we probably would have been exhausted while having our friends over that evening.

Thank you!
My family had a semi "outside the bubble" vacation as well(June5-12). Our Marriott VC resort, only MK and Disney Springs. Had some good dining at Kona and Whispering Canyon too...but just had a nice "Florida time"!!!

LisaBelle

I have that one on my list along with Beach Read.

Thanks!
I’ve read Beach Read and The People You Meet on Vacation! Loved them both. My daughter is reading Book Lovers so I have to wait for her to finish before I can start that one!
Speaking of great reads, I loved your report! I can’t believe how much Cam has grown! We’ve never played the putt putt courses, but they look like fun. We never seem to have time to do that or visit Disney Springs!
I’m glad you have another trip planned! It’s so much nicer to have a countdown soon after coming home! It makes coming home a bit easier!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I’ve read Beach Read and The People You Meet on Vacation! Loved them both. My daughter is reading Book Lovers so I have to wait for her to finish before I can start that one!
Speaking of great reads, I loved your report! I can’t believe how much Cam has grown! We’ve never played the putt putt courses, but they look like fun. We never seem to have time to do that or visit Disney Springs!
I’m glad you have another trip planned! It’s so much nicer to have a countdown soon after coming home! It makes coming home a bit easier!

The putt putt was even more fun than I thought it would be. It was really cute. I would def do it again. Thanks for reading!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Beach read was good. I read two others, I dont remember the names, Split something maybe. Anyhow, they were different. Kinda sci fi ish. But good.
I'm currently reading a Nicholas Sparks book, the Wish. I use to read his books all the time but I'd end up in a puddle of tears and couldn't take it anymore, so I haven't read one in awhile. I may regret this LOL! I plan to do Beach Read next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom