• Test Track

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Hall of Presidents

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Votes: 17 30.9%

• Total voters

tenchu

The speedway is past it. I think thats the ride that most desperately needs rehabed/replaced in the MK. There's a lot of land there that could be better used.

ToTBellHop

I would love to see rocket rods put in. It would fit in much better with Tomorrowland. I put Carousel of Progress. The theme of Tomorrowland is no longer OUR future. as we will see it on Earth. They moved away from that b/c, of course, that requires constant updating, and we are seeing the same thing happening with Future World at Epcot, where disney is on a frenzy to update everything. That's why Tomorrowland is more of a fantasy future--much like the rest of the magic kingdom--everything is fantasy. I don't think getting attacked by an alien, fighting emperor zurg, and flights in space make sense next to an attraction showcasing the past and a "future" that is basically the present. I think Carousel belongs on Main Street with the future scene taken out (I don't like the future scene...). The raceway doesn't match the alien theme either, but rocket rods would. Did disney keep the cars or sell them on Ebay?
Kyle

Originally posted by d dude
i voted for the speedway, not that its a bad ride but whats so "Tomorrow" about driving 80's looking race cars on an normal "Today" road? what does driving cars have to do with the future?

Test Track- Perfect for Epcot
Alladin- at least it fits in
CoP- badley needs uptading and would do better in Epcot
Hall of Mr. P's- in what way doesn't it fit in?
I agree completely on everything with you

General Grizz

Therefore it seems that Tomorrowland is only going in one direction - basically, Space...Alien Encounter, Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, etc. and that's not very good.

They should put in Horizons - hey, there's also room for Desert and Undersea... ;) ...America the Beautiful, Take Flight!, and others added not only to "Space"...And the family's future surely adds related future - we can't only focus on things way into the future, but also where we come from. Our knowlege on that will determine our tomorrows, and tomorrow's tomorrows.

But who cares, now. We only care about shooting aliens! :(

Sheri

I agree with most of ya, why put the speedway thing in tommorowland when it has nothing to do with the future really?

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
LOL...Maybe...but then why would there be a Liberty Square at all? :confused: :D

There probably shouldn't be a Liberty Square. I mean, how does the Haunted Mansion fit in with a liberty theme?

ToTBellHop

I don't get it either...I like Liberty Square, but either it needs another attraction with the Haunted Mansion being separate (with fog...so it's not visible from Liberty Square) or Liberty Square needs to be rethemed (Sleepy Hollow idea). Seems there are a few areas at the Magic Kingdom that aren't logical...

BradleyJ

Has anyone ever paid any attention to the architectural and time period changes as you move through Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square around the river to Big Thunder in Frontierland.

If you haven't, I think you really need to y go take some closer looks before you say the area is illogical.

Pioneer Hall

No the theme works very well. You start out at the late 1700's and progress up to the 1800's where frontierland is. The Riverboat and the big Spooky Haunted Mansion are part of that contrast from the time period change.

As for the Speedway. We may feel it doesn't fit, but look at the lines it gets. I never see it with less than a half hour wait. So it must be doing something right.

Hall of Presidents is perfect

The Hall of Presidents is perfect. As for the Haunted Mansion, it is simply a part of Americana. That's why it was put there. I agree with the Speedway not being futuristic, but if they were removed I would probably complain. Not as much as I complained about Horizons, but.... Anyway, the most out of place attraction in my mind is Wonders of Life. Please tell me what the human body has to do with future technology! I don't feel that there is any place in WDW that this pavilion could exist without being out of place. And if anyone tells me Body Wars is future technology....I will LOL! It's about as wacky as Wayne Zielinski's shrinking machine in HISTA. Puhleese!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom