• Hall of Presidents

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Votes: 17 30.9%

• Total voters

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Which of the following WDW attractions do you find to be out of place, either by land or park? If you have any others you can think of, feel free to mention them.

1) Tomorrowland Speedway
2) Carousel of Progress
3) Test Track
4) Hall of Presidents
5) Magic Carpets of Aladdin

NowInc

Lets see..which of these things doesnt belong ;)

CoP in my opinion...it doesnt seem to "fit" into tommorowland...not anymore.

orlpassholder

carpets in my opinion are WAY OUT OF PLACE ie they should be in Fatasyland not Adventureland... Adventureland is for things that really happened and exist I mean come on. I like the ride but I feel the spot should have stayed open to much of a crowd now

TURKEY

I choose the speedway. Nothing says TOMORROWLAND like out of date race cars that go about 2 mph.

The COP kind of belongs somewhere else. Nothing in it is TOMORROW any more. It still says 20th century. I think that all it needs is an updated last scene to stay where it is. However, I don't think it should close unless rehab is being done.

The carpets go somewhere else. They can't go to fantasyland or you would have it and Dumbo at the same area. IMO there shouldn't be a carpet ride. Adventureland is now clogged up and has too many people in it.

Pioneer Hall

I say the speedway because it has nothing to do with the future. At least the Aladdin Ride was set in an adventurous setting. I kind of like the aladdin ride. I thought it would kill the adventureland theme a lot more than it did.

BradleyJ

I]"Adventureland is for things that really happened and exist I mean come on."[/I]

Yep, there are lots of places in the world where groups of Singing Birds gather together along with Singing Plants and Totem poles.

wdwmaniac

Tomorrowland Speedway- May they shold have built a TEST Track ride there- but in furture looking cars and like a joruney or something in the future.

I also was wondering why do they have adventure land and the Animal Kingdom aren't they sort of the same?

Goofster

Tomorrowland Speedway, most definately. Make those cars futuristic and I'll be happy!!!!!

well, wdwmaniac, MK is the basis for all of the other parks. When Walt envisioned Disneyland, he imagined it to be a backlot tour of his studios where you get to go inside the movies, of course that's not how we think of it now, but that's how walt thought of it, and that's where MGM comes from. It takes Walt's idea to the next level. Epcot is derived from tomorroland, and the Animal Kingdom is a giant adventureland. So yes, Animal Kingdom is a lot like Adventureland, but Adventureland is fantasy.

General Grizz

Test Track. VERY out of place.

Carousel of Progress does mention the 20th century...but that's in the "20s" scene and I believe it does belong in Tomorrowland...or EPCOT. The last scene takes place in about 2015. It is one of those attractions that needs to serve as a reminder of how far we have progressed and how we do it. It's very inspiring, and the new theming fits it very well in the corner of Tomorrowland...or EPCOT...

TURKEY

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Carousel of Progress does mention the 20th century...but that's in the "20s" scene and I believe it does belong in Tomorrowland...or EPCOT. The last scene takes place in about 2015.

I think that it should stay if it can't be moved somewhere. I carouseled 3 times a day over Christmas when I could.

The only problem I have with it is that it should say 21st century. Even if the scene takes place in 2015, it is the 21st century. That is the only thing that I have a problem with the show now.

d dude

i voted for the speedway, not that its a bad ride but whats so "Tomorrow" about driving 80's looking race cars on an normal "Today" road? what does driving cars have to do with the future?

Test Track- Perfect for Epcot
Alladin- at least it fits in
CoP- badley needs uptading and would do better in Epcot
Hall of Mr. P's- in what way doesn't it fit in?

General Grizz

Naw, fuuuudge...

"Test Track- Perfect for Epcot"

I don't think it is Perfect for EPCOT...EPCOT does NEED it, but it doesn't really apply to the original themes..

"CoP- badley needs uptading and would do better in Epcot"

Sure...EPCOT would be fine, but I have a feeling it will always be more popular in Magic Kingdom... But it doesnt' BADLY need updating at all - the AAs and sets are in mint condition...sure there is a gap of years, but technically, there has always been...(besides the Now is the Time version), and the final scene is about fifteen to twenty years from now... So it's not BADLY needing update... ;)

d dude

ok, maybe i went a little overboard. But I still think CoP needs updating (shield) badley. Test Track, well........... i think it just fits into the whole learning theme.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
The Speedway needs to go! It is the one attraction that is out of place in any of the parks. But my question is, why was it put into Tomorrowland in the first place? The cars are not futurestic. The ride system is not futureistic. So what was the reason?

RyanS

that brings up a new discussion, what to replace the speedway with? it wouldn't need to be e-ticket, but good enough to get people there. maybe they could take the soarin over california idea and turn it into soarin over florida or something.

d dude

not a bad idea, they could do some really kewl things with that. exept it is an awflly big space and could propably put 2 things there. Cya in the imagineering forum!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom