Trip Report Our (slightly) Unexpected Disney World Trip

You can never start a trip report too soon, so I’m starting this one as I’m waiting to check out of our hotel, sadly going home today.

The reason this trip is slightly unexpected is that six months ago we had no intention of going to Walt Disney World any time soon. Personally, I wanted to wait until things got a little more normal. But then my daughter threw a wrench in the works and got accepted to the Disney College Program. Since she’ll be working here for 6 months, we realized we HAD to come and visit her at her job launching boats in Mexico.

It was basically what I’d call a small trip (although my wife thinks we jammed so, so, so much into our five full days here.

Cast of characters: Myself (Steven), my wife (Jennifer), and youngest daughter, (Mik). Our cast member daughter (Samantha) was able to get a couple of days off so we were able to spend some time together.

One thing I have to say is my family has an aversion to having their pictures taken too much, so they’re missing from a lot of photos, but trust me, they were there.

Due to budgetary reasons, we stayed at the cheapest on-property room available: The All-Star Sports. I have to say I was not excited. I generally find the over-the-top theming obnoxious. No decent restaurant. The bus stops don’t have covering. I don’t even like sports. That said, we had a phenomenal time here. The grounds were immaculate. EVERY cast member seemed to go out of their way to be helpful. I had to speak to the manager a couple of times just to tell him how awesome everything was. I made several cast member compliments on the app. While I still have resorts I’d rather stay at, I’d stay here again without regrets.

I took a few thousand photos so I need time to download and sort, so there will be more to follow!

See you real soon!

Last edited:

Sbk1234

Original Poster
@Sbk1234 Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! You have a beautiful family and I am happy that your daughter is working at one of our favorite rides. The Mexico pavilion is a true gem at EPCOT, where people can escape the weather, crowds, noise and smells (especially for people with sensory issues). Also happy to hear some love for the All Star resorts, people like to poop on them but my first trip in 1996 was to All Star Movies and it set the stage for my unhealthy continuing obsession with WDW. I hate taking photos of my food like you, but it is nice to see what people order and hear their reviews. Great report!
Thanks for your kind words. I was pretty happy when she got assigned to Gran Fiesta Tour, for the same reasons. Originally she was assigned to food service in the All Star Music, but was changed due to a food allergy, so she really lucked out. It's not that I have anything against food, per se, it's just that I would rather see photos of Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom