our literally flawless trip. long post

i really don't know how we managed it, but we pulled off a flawless trip this past november. started with planning everything perfectly. i did a bunch of research on hotels and rental car companies. we booked our flight, hotel and car package through expedia. for 10 nights, we spent $750 per person on all three of those things. can't really beat it. upon arriving at the nyc airport, we walked straight through security (only ones there, tell me how that happened.) my boyfriend was very excited to watch all the planes take off, he was like a little kid. it was his first time flying, so all new and exciting for him. we got on the plane and he got his wings (yay!) and we ordered our drinks and snacks, and enjoyed looking out the window. we landed a couple of minutes early and headed to baggage claim, where our luggage was all in tact and arrived quickly. we went to the enterprise rental car counter, where we our car was upgraded for free to a larger vehicle. that night, we decided to do some shopping. we hit up dollar tree and walmart (thank you disney blogs for all our helpful money saving tips.) before arriving, i had read that the parks allow you to bring in food in soft coolers, so we purchased uncrustable sandwiches. we froze them and they defrosted in our lunch box during the day. by lunch time they were still cold and ready to eat. purchased some juice packs to keep our sugars up, reusable water bottles, string cheese, and more. so nice that universal provides (free) lockers for your items, and disney allows bags on mostly every ride! we spent the first full day at universal studios, we finished everything by 4 pm, then headed to disney springs in the evening. it was fun to walk around all the gift shops and just see everything. the next day we went to epcot, we arrived early because we had fastpasses for everything but test track and wanted to get on that right away! i think i should probably mention, there were virtually no lines at any park ever during our 10 day stay. the longest line we waited on the whole trip was like a half hour for the mine train. so we got right on every ride, headed to lunch in the cafeteria by soarin (again, uncrustables, cheese sticks, juice boxes...you get the point.) then we went and walked around the world showcase, and finished the park in time to go home and change for our 9pm dinner reservation at chef mickeys, which i have literally waited my whole life for and had to work very hard to obtain. the reservation was INCREDIBLE. we got to meet pluto as we arrived, and the other characters came to our table. since we were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday, he received a card signed by all the characters and a complimentary cupcake. plus, the food wasn't as bad as i had read in reviews! both of us are mac and cheese/hotdog kinda people, so it was good! the next day was his birthday, we spend that at animal kingdom. we got on every ride, watched some shows, then headed to his birthday dinner reservation at the boardwalk. nice italian place, they also treated him with a complimentary gelato for his birthday. so sweet. islands of adventures was the next day, we got on every ride and were out of the park by 2pm!! it was a great day to head home, take a nap, and hit up the pool later. day after that we drove down to cape canaveral and got to see the nasa space center, definitely right up his alley. this day was mostly for him. im not really a museum person, but enjoyed myself anyway. the next day we spent our first anniversary at none other than the magic kingdom. the day was so perfect. again, all the rides were knocked out by like 5pm, our dinner reservation was at 5:30 at tony's town square. then we stuck around for mickeys very merry christmas party and fireworks. we had pre purchased shirts to wear on this day. etsy was my bff during the weeks before. we got so many compliments on them! it was just all around wonderful. day after that was hollywood studios. knocked everything out and then some by 5pm. day 8 was spent returning to islands of adventure. we once again were done by 2pm, and wanted to go on popeye again. and again. and 7 times after that. and we got right back on every single time. it was a hot day lol. spiderman was done a couple of times as well. day 9 was at magic kingdom, once again. this time, i had hurt my foot. so we rented a wheel chair, where my boyfriend pushed me around the whole day, and we discovered it was so nice to have to hold our bags and to have somewhere to sit if we wanted. would have rented one every day if we knew. as the park was getting ready to close, i sat outside of big thunder mountain railroad looking across at the castle, taking everything in. it was our final night, and i just broke down in tears. how could everything have gone so flawlessly? i spent forever planning, and now what is there to look forward to? the next day, we packed up and left. after getting to the airport, we saw flight after flight back to ny getting canceled. apparently low ceiling and heavy rain back home, making it troublesome to land. our flight was delayed, but it was LITERALLY the only one back to ny for the whole day. i don't know how i managed to pick the only good flight, but i did somehow lol.

it only rained in fl on the final day of magic kingdom, and only for 15 minutes as we were leaving meeting mickey mouse (on mickey's birthday) and it was done by the time we got out of lunch

PinnySmart

you're going in 2017? how long will you be there for?
You ended your sentence with a preposition which is grammatically incorrect. Your first post comes across as lazy and immature plus you exude a sense of entitlement by coming here and rudely blasting other members who call you out for your poor writing skills. Do us a favor and just keep it to yourself from now on.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
im not writing an essay to my professor, i don't need your approval. thanks though :)

my thoughts are conveyed just fine. not my problem that you can't read it. its mostly posted here as a reminder for me and memory. im not holding you down forcing you to read it. skip ahead if you feel the need.
Good grammar habits are a reflection on your work ethic and your education level.

If you continue in life writing on a third grade level, then be prepared for the accompanying paychecks.

Also...one should never post on a public forum using text-speak unless you are prepared for the fallout and ridicule.

Raven66

You ended your sentence with a preposition which is grammatically incorrect. Your first post comes across as lazy and immature plus you exude a sense of entitlement by coming here and rudely blasting other members who call you out for your poor writing skills. Do us a favor and just keep it to yourself from now on.
Wow, really? I'm pretty sure she doesn't need any one else telling her how to write. Don't like it? Do me a favor and keep it to yourself. Geez. She has a right to defend herself.

Chef Mickey

Wow, really? I'm pretty sure she doesn't need any one else telling her how to write. Don't like it? Do me a favor and keep it to yourself. Geez. She has a right to defend herself.
Is that sort of like our right to criticize her grammar and post presentation?

princesscaitlin92

Original Poster
We are going to be there 27th April 2017 - 7th May 2017. I and my DW have been many times before but this will be our first staying on property and are first time with our DD. this trip will be a completely different experience for us and so looking forward to it.
wow that sounds awesome! i hope you have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom