Trip Report Our Halloween adventures on the Disney Fantasy!

FINALLY I have time to write this report! It's been a crazy couple of months since I got off the cruise! I got through jury duty, finished my fall semester of school, and now I'm currently on day 3 of "taking it easy" since having my second round of sinus surgery. Busy busy busy! Now I just need to finish Christmas shopping!

My family and I sailed on the Disney Fantasy for a 7 night Halloween on the High Seas cruise, and it was absolutely fabulous. I can't wait to share our adventures with y'all :)

Who: Me! (Morgan), the Hubs (Cody), my daughter (Aubs), my parents, sister, and MIL
Where: 1 night pre cruise at Country Inn and Suites Port Canaveral, followed by 7 nights on the Disney Fantasy!
When: Oct. 5-13

Friday, Oct. 5: Flight to Tampa and the drive to Port Canaveral
Why fly from Tampa, you ask? Because the ONLY direct flight from Memphis to Orlando on this day was crazy expensive! It was around $2,000 for 4 round trip tickets to MCO. I paid a little under $800 round trip to Tampa. Once you factor in the rental car price it was still way under 2K!

We ready!

We started our trip with lunch at Chick Fil A before heading to the airport for our 3:40pm flight.

The Tampa airport is so nice! They had really neat artwork all throughout the airport. This was a sea turtle made up of tiny sea turtles!

We picked up our rental van and drove 2 hours to Port Canaveral. I was hoping we may see Disney fireworks on the way but we were too early.

Once we arrived at our hotel, Cody and I ran down the street to Walgreens to pick up a few things. We couldn't resist running down to the ocean to dip our toes in the water! We found a friend too!

We ordered pizza for a late dinner (sorry no pics!) and settled in for a nice sleep!

Saturday, Oct. 6 : Boarding the Disney Fantasy!!

We all woke up Saturday morning super super super excited! The day was finally here! We quickly packed our bags and grabbed breakfast. Here are a few pics of our room. (just ignore the crazy husband :hilarious:)

If you went to the end of the hallway you could see the ships in port (the Fantasy is through the trees)

We dropped off our rental car at Hertz (literally right around the corner from the hotel. we could walk there.) We waited a little bit for the shuttle to take us to the port but it wasn't a bad wait.

FINALLY WE ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

Check in was quick and easy.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Cute dessert menu

After dinner we headed to the top deck for the pirate party

Some fun (and slightly creepy) fruit carvings ready for the pirate night buffet

Tonights towel animal

Aubs and I before she went back to the kids club

We watched the fireworks from our verandah! Much much better than being packed in like sardines on the top decks

Up next, we enjoy the beautiful St. Thomas, USVI!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Wednesday, Oct. 10 - St. Thomas, USVI

Good morning!

My camera was a little foggy this morning apparently

This morning was pretty much a repeat of the previous morning. Verandah breakfast and an early meeting time for our excursion. Soon we were off the ship

More cleaning! I 100% appreciate all of the hard work the CM's on the ships do. It seems they work 24/7 to keep the ships looking their best!

Today we were on another island tour and beach trip (i'm pretty sure it was called Island Drive and Beach Break)

Our first stop! This was also my favorite shop we stopped at. They had a bar (but we didn't get drinks) and nice t-shirts and souvenirs at good prices!

The back patio of the shop had these amazing views. Wow. That's Magen's Bay and Magen's Bay Beach down there

Gorgeous scenery everywhere you look

Some fun things outside of the store

The drivers were nice and would slow down so we could grab pictures

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
We made it to Magen's Beach and it was gorgeous. The beach was pretty rocky but once you made it past the rocks & shells, the sand was nice and soft

I will say though, we didn't have the greatest experience with renting chairs and umbrellas at this beach. Apparently we were supposed to grab our own chairs (vs. the ones already set up) and find a spot on the beach somewhere. Also, setting up the umbrellas were pretty stressful too. Not the best experience but oh well! We dealt with it.

And the worst part of our excursion, we had an hour of shopping time in the city. That may be nice for some, but we were just ready to get back to the ship and have lunch. SO, we pretty much hung out in this shop...

...which was our arranged meeting spot for transportation back to the dock.

Why couldn't we just walk? Well apparently you can't walk back to the dock (it's pretty far!) Plus it was HOT, lots of traffic, etc. There were lots of taxi's that would stop by to try and take people back to the dock, but our tour people would tell us to not take a taxi back, our transportation was already paid for (which was true). We got to take a lovely ferry boat back to the ship. In the end it worked out, until it took them like 30 minutes to get us to a freakin' dock! The first time we went to one side of the ship, which sent us to the other side, which again sent us back to the other side AGAIN. Finally we docked but we smacked the $%*# out of the dock! We were soooooo ready to get OFF that ferry boat. It all makes for a fun story now :hilarious:

We made it back to the ship in once piece and had a wonderful lunch at Cabanas

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
My sister pointed out the lights look like pearls! I never noticed that before!

After lunch, I believe Cody took Aubs to ride the AquaDuck (her favorite thing ever!) and I relaxed on deck and watched Aladdin. I happened to look over and spot some chipmunks!

I have the best video of them dancing (mainly because Daisy Duck was right besides me making fun of their dancing!!) But here's a pic of them!

Looks like i've got some company!

Aubs and Cody found me after their ride on the AquaDuck. Daisy found us too!

And the chipmunks came back!

Y'all, this is why we love cruising with Disney. I can't even explain how much joy this brings me! Nothing is better than this, especially when you are with your family! :inlove:

Back to the pics! Here's the AquaDuck!

Looking out on the island before sailing away

Bye St. Thomas! Despite the half good/half bad excursion, we will totally be back! I could do a dedicated vacay there! I need to go to St. John!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
After some pool time, we had to get ready for dinner! Tonight in Animator's we got to draw our own characters! I was sooo looking forward to this!

Before..

After! However the eyes I drew are quite terrifying...

Aubs working on her picture

Love all of the details in Animator's

Foooood!

After you draw, your servers will take your art (it's either before or after you order, I can't remember now!) so that it can come to life on screen!

I thought I recorded the whole show, but I didn't hit the button! :cry: Major fail! But I did grab a pic of our names

Desserts!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster

There's that chandelier again..

Goofy was out with a short wait

Aubs got a kick out of what our stateroom host did to Stitch!

I'm guessing this is a lobster?

And he even put Aubs sunglasses on her fox

Tonight's show was Magic Dave

***PAUSE***
I forgot what night we went to see Aladdin, and I don't think I ever mentioned how the show was. It was great!! Not my favorite DCL show (that title is held by Tangled on the Disney Magic), but I liked it!

Our view for the magic show. No pics allowed during the actual show, but it was a really fun show!

We met Donald afterwards

And Belle!

And those silly chipmunks again!

Then it was time for bed! I don't know why I took these, but I guess I just wanted to remember my view from my comfy cruise bed.

I did just notice you can see a red dot over the panhandle of Florida. I think this was the day or day after Hurricane Michael hit the Mexico Beach area :cry: We vacationed in Mexico Beach in July 2013, so when we heard the news we were so sad. MB is a quiet and cute beach town, and seeing the pictures of the destruction was awful. My heart hurts for the residents, but I know MB will be back and better than ever soon! :)

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Thursday, Oct. 11 - Day at Sea

Good morning! It was a beautiful day outside

I had one major thing on my to-do list today. Aubs HAD to meet Tinkerbelle in her costume! It was adorable

Ah HA! So today was the day we saw Captain Hook and Mr. Smee! This meet and greet was my favorite of the cruise

Next we went trick or treating which ended up being a hugeeeee cluster. We made it to one candy stop and called it quits

Mickey!

The shadows from the jack-o-lantern window clings made a cool shadow on the floor

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but i'm pretty sure we went to the DVC presentation after this. I actually ended up winning the $200 onboard credit which was super exciting! We also picked a time to go talk to a DVC rep before dinner...

We spent some time at the pool that afternoon. Around 4pm my mom, MIL, sister, and I went to play the final jackpot bingo!

I was close to winning one round, but none of us ending up winning anything. Oh well! We still had a great time!

I'm assuming after bingo we went back to the rooms to get showered and ready for dinner. We were back in Enchanted Garden tonight!
View from our table

Fooooood

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
More foooooood

Time for dessert!

One last look at EG

We hung out on deck 5 for Mickey's Mousequerade Party!

We spotted this guy dressed as Hans Solo frozen in carbonite. His costume was awesome!

Aubs wanted a pic with Tink

I'm not sure if anyone remembers from my July TR when I talked about this, but we dressed up as Peter Pan characters for Halloween night (Dad- Captain Hook, me- Wendy, Cody- Peter Pan, MIL- Tiger Lily, Mom- Nana, & Aubs- Tink). My sister was Mr. Smee but i'm not sure where she was for this picture? I know one night she went back to the room because she wasn't feeling well so tonight may have been that night.

We went back to the room to change and found our towel creation for the night, a pumpkin! (I realize all of these have not been towels, but instead the blanket on the end of the bed)

After changing we headed to the Walt Disney Theater for The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing & Scream.
Looks like a M&G for Jack and Sally will be here later

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
My dad and I had to leave the movie early to go and grab some required documents. When we came back the movie was almost over so I held a place in line for Aubs to meet Jack and Sally. It was getting close to our meeting time, so I gave my MIL my phone to take pics while the rest of us went to the DVC office on Deck 2

M&G pics

I have no pics from the DVC office, but I will say the DVC bug bit us again and we are now proud owners at Copper Creek! My parents joined too! WOOOOO! Here is the most expensive backpack i've ever bought in my life

After all of that excitement most of my family went to bed. My mom, MIL, and I went to Oh La La!

After that one huge drink, we were more than ready for bed! Gotta rest up for the best port of the cruise, Castaway Cay!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
We called it a day around 3:30pm and headed back to the ship

I ran to the room for something (no clue what) and took this picture while I was there

Aubs and Nigel! You can find him outside of Cabanas on deck 12 I believe

The other side of CC

We weren't scheduled to leave CC until 4:30ish, so we spent some time at the pool and riding the Aquaduck

Time to go :( See ya real soon CC!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Ok I have GOT to finish this TR up!!!

After saying our goodbyes to Castaway Cay, we went back to the room to shower and to start packing up.
Soon it was time for our last dinner at Royal Court

Dessert menu & desserts

And one last princess sundae for Aubs

I got a little teary eyed saying goodbye to our dining staff. We had them sign Aubs' autograph book and they left the sweetest messages. They really do become part of the family!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
One last towel animal :cry:

And our luggage looking extra sad in the hallway :cry:

We went to the last show in the theater (no pics) and we went to the See Ya Real Soon gathering in the Atrium

I'm so awkward for pictures so please ignore whatever it is i'm doing with my hands :rolleyes:

And now it's time to say goodbye :cry:

After the show, we went up to the pool deck for drinks. One last nighttime shot

My little ohana :inlove:

I grabbed some last minute pictures of Sweet on You and Cabanas

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Saturday, Oct. 13 - Disney Springs & flying home

Good morning Port Canaveral :(

We packed up our carry ons and headed to breakfast. Goodbye room :(

Sit down breakfast is in the same restaurant as you ate the night before. We had main dining which meant our breakfast time was 6:45am. Early early!

Princess Aubs getting her pancakes cut for her

Bye bye, Fantasy

..sigh.. waiting on the rental car shuttle

Our last sights of the Fantasy

and *POOF* 45ish minutes later we are here!

We had quite a bit of time to kill before our flight from Tampa, so we shopped around DS

Aubs got a new pair of ears

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom