Trip Report Our Halloween adventures on the Disney Fantasy!

FINALLY I have time to write this report! It's been a crazy couple of months since I got off the cruise! I got through jury duty, finished my fall semester of school, and now I'm currently on day 3 of "taking it easy" since having my second round of sinus surgery. Busy busy busy! Now I just need to finish Christmas shopping!

My family and I sailed on the Disney Fantasy for a 7 night Halloween on the High Seas cruise, and it was absolutely fabulous. I can't wait to share our adventures with y'all :)

Who: Me! (Morgan), the Hubs (Cody), my daughter (Aubs), my parents, sister, and MIL
Where: 1 night pre cruise at Country Inn and Suites Port Canaveral, followed by 7 nights on the Disney Fantasy!
When: Oct. 5-13

Friday, Oct. 5: Flight to Tampa and the drive to Port Canaveral
Why fly from Tampa, you ask? Because the ONLY direct flight from Memphis to Orlando on this day was crazy expensive! It was around $2,000 for 4 round trip tickets to MCO. I paid a little under $800 round trip to Tampa. Once you factor in the rental car price it was still way under 2K!

We ready!

We started our trip with lunch at Chick Fil A before heading to the airport for our 3:40pm flight.

The Tampa airport is so nice! They had really neat artwork all throughout the airport. This was a sea turtle made up of tiny sea turtles!

We picked up our rental van and drove 2 hours to Port Canaveral. I was hoping we may see Disney fireworks on the way but we were too early.

Once we arrived at our hotel, Cody and I ran down the street to Walgreens to pick up a few things. We couldn't resist running down to the ocean to dip our toes in the water! We found a friend too!

We ordered pizza for a late dinner (sorry no pics!) and settled in for a nice sleep!

Saturday, Oct. 6 : Boarding the Disney Fantasy!!

We all woke up Saturday morning super super super excited! The day was finally here! We quickly packed our bags and grabbed breakfast. Here are a few pics of our room. (just ignore the crazy husband :hilarious:)

If you went to the end of the hallway you could see the ships in port (the Fantasy is through the trees)

We dropped off our rental car at Hertz (literally right around the corner from the hotel. we could walk there.) We waited a little bit for the shuttle to take us to the port but it wasn't a bad wait.

FINALLY WE ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

Check in was quick and easy.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
We were going to do the DVC tour, but unfortunately we didn't have enough time. Instead, we went to Roaring Fork for a quick lunch!

After lunch we walked over by the Cascade Cabins to check them out

Some last looks at WL

And we caught a bus back to DS to do a little more shopping.

One last Mickey bar

After our Mickey bars, we got in the car and headed to Tampa. We had an easy drive there which was nice!

Here's a random airport pic

On the plane

Bye Florida :cry:

Hello/Goodbye Texas! We had about an hour layover in Houston

And my last picture I took. In the car on the way home. It was cold and raining :( Vacation is over :cry:

************************************************************************************************************

Well, this was our best cruise yet! If you haven't taken a Disney Cruise, DO IT. I promise you will fall in love!!
We booked a placeholder that we plan to use in 2020, but who knows what could happen! I really wish I could use it on that 4 night double dip to CC over July 4th! Maybe next year ;)

2019 will consist of WDW trips for my fam! Cody and I are headed for an adults only trip over Memorial Day weekend (celebrating my graduation, first time at Flower & Garden, and my final goodbye to Illuminations :cry::cry::cry:). We have a big family trip booked for October in a 2 bedroom villa at Copper Creek, and another family trip in December at the Polynesian! 2019 will also be our first year as AP holders and I can't wait! :geek:

Thanks for following along! See ya real soon! :inlove:

DisSplash

Loved following along with your report! We have been DCL fans since our first cruise in 2014, and are totally HOOKED!

You daughter is totally adorable - loved all of the character pics! I do t think we have done that many, as we have never seen Peter Pan onboard ... I think we need to get around more while onboard!!

I was especially excited to see your port photos. Your beach photos take me back to our last cruise!!! We were on a 7 night Eastern Fantasy Cruise back in January, but our stop in Tortola was switched to St. Maarten due to the hurricane damage Tortola sustained in 2017. We enjoyed St. Maarten quite a bit, but I am very excited that we are finally going to see Tortola the December on our first DCL Merrytime cruise!! 😁

LisaBelle

Loved this report. I realllyyyy want to go on a Disney cruise. I need to convince the rest of the family. Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. So cool that you guys are DVC there. It's so nice that you have several trips to look forward to. I look forward to following along.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
The cruise looks soooo fun! Congrats on the purchase. You have a beautiful family!
It was so amazing! Thank you 😊

Loved following along with your report! We have been DCL fans since our first cruise in 2014, and are totally HOOKED!

You daughter is totally adorable - loved all of the character pics! I do t think we have done that many, as we have never seen Peter Pan onboard ... I think we need to get around more while onboard!!

I was especially excited to see your port photos. Your beach photos take me back to our last cruise!!! We were on a 7 night Eastern Fantasy Cruise back in January, but our stop in Tortola was switched to St. Maarten due to the hurricane damage Tortola sustained in 2017. We enjoyed St. Maarten quite a bit, but I am very excited that we are finally going to see Tortola the December on our first DCL Merrytime cruise!! 😁
Thanks! We took our first in 2015 and we’ve been hooked ever since too! Tortola was really pretty, but I want to visit St. Maarten! I’m jealous your going on a Merrytime cruise!!

Loved this report. I realllyyyy want to go on a Disney cruise. I need to convince the rest of the family. Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. So cool that you guys are DVC there. It's so nice that you have several trips to look forward to. I look forward to following along.
Thanks Lisa! You need to go on a Disney cruise!! We love WL too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom