Our first pre trip report!

Hi there! I'm Jessica. My avatar is of myself, my husband and my 5 year old son. We are planning our very first trip to WDW for 8 days and 7 nights!

Since I was little I have always loved Disney. But my mom was a single mother and just didn't have the funds to take us. I gave up hope of ever being in Disney World. It cost so much - I just didn't see how it was possible. Almost 7 years ago my husband and I began dating. We both have a love of Disney and he always said he would make it happen one day. I believed him but figured it would be forever from now since we in no way live a luxurious lifestyle. Well just a few weeks ago I mentioned how badly I wished we could go. Again. (I probably mention it a few times a month, lol!) And my husband surprised me and said "Let's go this year then!" I almost fell over from shock! He said it would be our birthday present to our son, our anniversary present and my birthday present. I quickly agreed and began planning.

We decided we wanted to surprise our son so we came up with a scavenger hunt. There was 10 clues and then final clue led him to his room. A big box was waiting surrounded by as many of his Disney toys as I could find. When he opened the box Mickey balloons popped out with a note that said for his 6th birthday we were taking him to Disney World! He FREAKED out of course. (Probably a lot more than he would of because all week I was telling him "We'll never go to Disney World. I'm sorry it just is too much money." hehe sneaky me!)

Since my husband surprised me, whenever we watch the planning dvd, talk about Disney, or even when I plan - I begin crying. I can't help it! I never thought my dream would come true. I never thought I'd be able to give this magic to my son.

Last night we gave our son a Phineas and Ferb book bag that has a few dollar store Disney goodies in it. And throughout the year we plan on sending him "packages" from Mickey. I also have some phone calls scheduled as well! We're also playing the Disneyland game, playing Disney games and watching as many Disney movies with the characters in the parks as we can! I plan on making a countdown calendar now that we have decided on our dates!!

Dates: October 8th - 15th. Driving down from NY. 8 days 7 nights. All Star Movies we're thinking. Dining. Park hopper. And Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Table Service Meals we are considering: Cindererlla's Table for breakfast, Akershus, Chef Mickey for breakfast, Yak & Yeti, Sci Fi Dine In, Mama Melrose, Le Cellier for lunch and Rose and Crown.

Counter Service Meals we are considering: Liberty Inn, Caseys, Wolfgang Puck Express, Flame Tree BBQ.

We have the fabulous Tiffany from Kingdom Konsultants helping us plan our trip. She's such a great help! Adore her!

I hope I did this pre trip report thing right! I am so excited! Plus it is great to be able to share my enthusiasm with other Disney Lovers! <3

msdroz

How exciting!!! I also have a 5 year old son and we are taking him in May as a preschool graduation gift :) We haven't told him yet but I loved your surprise idea!!

accord99cutie

Premium Member
How exciting for your family!!! I suggest hitting Columbia Harbor house, and/or Pecos Bills for quick service meals in Magic Kingdom! You guys are going durng a great time of year, the first weekend will be a bit busy, but great crowds over all, and awesome weather! We have a 6yr old and a 1 yr old and last Oct we did the MNSSHP and they both loved t! I'm happy to see you are including it on your trip!

minnielaw

Welcome Jessica and congrats on your first WDW trip! I took my husband and our two boys for their first ever trip to WDW in 2007 and now they are as addicted as me!

We will be in WDW the week before you and leaving the day before you arrive. It is a wonderful time to visit WDW. Be sure to enjoy some of the yummy food and drink offerings at the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. You can use your snack credits to pay for many of the items.

Can't wait to read more of your trip report!

disneyjes

Original Poster
How exciting!!! I also have a 5 year old son and we are taking him in May as a preschool graduation gift :) We haven't told him yet but I loved your surprise idea!!

Awww that is so sweet!! And thanks! I think I got it from the boards and then just came up with some rhymes for the clues. A few were too hard and then others he got instantly.

disneyjes

Original Poster
How exciting for your family!!! I suggest hitting Columbia Harbor house, and/or Pecos Bills for quick service meals in Magic Kingdom! You guys are going durng a great time of year, the first weekend will be a bit busy, but great crowds over all, and awesome weather! We have a 6yr old and a 1 yr old and last Oct we did the MNSSHP and they both loved t! I'm happy to see you are including it on your trip!

Thank you for the suggestions! A lot of people have been suggesting Pecos Bills so I need to put that on our list!

Halloween is my favorite holiday and so it has been my dream to go to the MNSSHP - otherwise we'd go sooner! I cannot wait to meet Maleficent!!

So glad they had a good time! The party looks magical!

disneyjes

Original Poster
Welcome Jessica and congrats on your first WDW trip! I took my husband and our two boys for their first ever trip to WDW in 2007 and now they are as addicted as me!

We will be in WDW the week before you and leaving the day before you arrive. It is a wonderful time to visit WDW. Be sure to enjoy some of the yummy food and drink offerings at the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. You can use your snack credits to pay for many of the items.

Can't wait to read more of your trip report!

Thank you so much!! I completely forgot that the festival will be going on then! How exciting!!

Is it October yet? :)

Congrats Jessica on your first trip to the World!!!! It will be the best time and the trip planning can be just as much fun!! We went to MNSSHP in 2008 and had an awesome time!! Good luck and enjoy the adventure!

disneyjes

Original Poster
Congrats Jessica on your first trip to the World!!!! It will be the best time and the trip planning can be just as much fun!! We went to MNSSHP in 2008 and had an awesome time!! Good luck and enjoy the adventure!

Thank you so much!! I am loving all of this planning! (But maybe that is the OCD in me? :) )

Blueskyze

Congrats!! What a great way to tell your son! My name is also Jessica, and I took my son for his first visit last summer when he was 5. You guys will have an amazing time! We stayed at All-Star Movies, too, and my little guy loved it. We were in the Toy Story section, and he thought it was so cool to get to walk through the courtyard and see all of the giant characters every morning. If your son is into Star Wars, make sure you sign him up for the Jedi Training Academy at DHS. That was one of the highlights of our trip, my son still loves to watch the video and talk about how he got to fight Darth Vader and fist bump a storm trooper. Sounds like you already have lots of great ideas. I'm so happy for you! :sohappy:

melflip8

Congrats Jes! I'm super excited for you! As a FL native who only lives an hour and a half away I definitely take for granted the expense and getting to go a more frequently, but I am envious of the MAGIC that must be going on in anticipation for your trip!!

We've never stayed there for more than 2 nights at any given time either so, I'm jealous of your 8 day stay as well.

If you need any tips, pointers, etc. just let me know! :wave:

disneyjes

Original Poster
Congrats!! What a great way to tell your son! My name is also Jessica, and I took my son for his first visit last summer when he was 5. You guys will have an amazing time! We stayed at All-Star Movies, too, and my little guy loved it. We were in the Toy Story section, and he thought it was so cool to get to walk through the courtyard and see all of the giant characters every morning. If your son is into Star Wars, make sure you sign him up for the Jedi Training Academy at DHS. That was one of the highlights of our trip, my son still loves to watch the video and talk about how he got to fight Darth Vader and fist bump a storm trooper. Sounds like you already have lots of great ideas. I'm so happy for you! :sohappy:

Thank you!! Hi Jessica! :) Love the Jedi Training Academy. My son would LOVE that. Last year for Halloween he was Darth Vader :)

disneyjes

Original Poster
Congrats Jes! I'm super excited for you! As a FL native who only lives an hour and a half away I definitely take for granted the expense and getting to go a more frequently, but I am envious of the MAGIC that must be going on in anticipation for your trip!!

We've never stayed there for more than 2 nights at any given time either so, I'm jealous of your 8 day stay as well.

If you need any tips, pointers, etc. just let me know! :wave:

Thank you so much!! I cannot wait!

disneyjes

Original Poster
I'm not exactly what "should" go in a trip report, but I plan on writing out everything I'm doing in regards to our Disney trip. I want to save this and put it in our scrapbook at the end!

Anyways, today we ventured down to a Disney outlet store in search of some goodies for souvenirs to save some money while down there. I ended up spending $32 and got:

- A Mickey, Pluto, Goofy and Donald tee for my son
- A Buzz tee for my son
- A Mickey tee for my son
- A Toy Story tee for my son
- A Jake and the Neverland Pirates tee for my son
- Mickey ear hat
- Twitch plush
- The Mayor from NBC plush
- Tramp plush
- Red-Green Mickey plush
- Rabbit plush
- Beast vinyl figure

I was so happy with my finds! We're headed back later this week because my son forgot to include some lego guys in his lego box, lol, so I plan to see if I can find anything else. I'm not buying any shirts for hubs or I since we're trying to lose some weight before the trip.

We've also decided to say at Pop Century instead. :)

Thanks to all of you for joining me on this AMAZING journey. <3

disneyjes

Original Poster
My baggalinni came in the mail today! I followed everyone's suggestions on which one to buy and I absolutely love it. It will be so much easier to carry around instead of a giant bookbag. I plan on testing it out this spring when we go to Hershey Park to see how well it works. I'm slightly worried about it holding my DSLR camera and camcorder so it will be great to have a trial run!

I love how all of these little things bring us that much closer to our trip. As of today....8 months exactly until our trip!!!!

Dumbo2675

dinning plan

Hi there! I'm Jessica. My avatar is of myself, my husband and my 5 year old son. We are planning our very first trip to WDW for 8 days and 7 nights!

Since I was little I have always loved Disney. But my mom was a single mother and just didn't have the funds to take us. I gave up hope of ever being in Disney World. It cost so much - I just didn't see how it was possible. Almost 7 years ago my husband and I began dating. We both have a love of Disney and he always said he would make it happen one day. I believed him but figured it would be forever from now since we in no way live a luxurious lifestyle. Well just a few weeks ago I mentioned how badly I wished we could go. Again. (I probably mention it a few times a month, lol!) And my husband surprised me and said "Let's go this year then!" I almost fell over from shock! He said it would be our birthday present to our son, our anniversary present and my birthday present. I quickly agreed and began planning.

We decided we wanted to surprise our son so we came up with a scavenger hunt. There was 10 clues and then final clue led him to his room. A big box was waiting surrounded by as many of his Disney toys as I could find. When he opened the box Mickey balloons popped out with a note that said for his 6th birthday we were taking him to Disney World! He FREAKED out of course. (Probably a lot more than he would of because all week I was telling him "We'll never go to Disney World. I'm sorry it just is too much money." hehe sneaky me!)

Since my husband surprised me, whenever we watch the planning dvd, talk about Disney, or even when I plan - I begin crying. I can't help it! I never thought my dream would come true. I never thought I'd be able to give this magic to my son.

Last night we gave our son a Phineas and Ferb book bag that has a few dollar store Disney goodies in it. And throughout the year we plan on sending him "packages" from Mickey. I also have some phone calls scheduled as well! We're also playing the Disneyland game, playing Disney games and watching as many Disney movies with the characters in the parks as we can! I plan on making a countdown calendar now that we have decided on our dates!!

Dates: October 8th - 15th. Driving down from NY. 8 days 7 nights. All Star Movies we're thinking. Dining. Park hopper. And Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Table Service Meals we are considering: Cindererlla's Table for breakfast, Akershus, Chef Mickey for breakfast, Yak & Yeti, Sci Fi Dine In, Mama Melrose, Le Cellier for lunch and Rose and Crown.

Counter Service Meals we are considering: Liberty Inn, Caseys, Wolfgang Puck Express, Flame Tree BBQ.

We have the fabulous Tiffany from Kingdom Konsultants helping us plan our trip. She's such a great help! Adore her!

I hope I did this pre trip report thing right! I am so excited! Plus it is great to be able to share my enthusiasm with other Disney Lovers! <3

I would recommend you try the Whispering Canyon Cafe for Dinner or Lunch. We had such a great meal and time there when we were there in 2008 and 2010.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom