Our first Magical Moment, anyone else?

jjgoo

Original Poster
For us the magical moments have begun! We were in the World of Disney store in NYC this past Saturday (which is officially part of the parks). I told a CM that it was my fiancee's birthday. The CM then wished her a happy birthday and got her a Magical Moment certificate and a button saying it was her birthday.:D He said he would have sung to her but he had a bad cold and couldn't really speak much less sing.

While it was small, it was really nice and fun to have them moment and then everyone was wishing her a happy b-day.

Has anyone else had a magical moment?

campdisney

Our first trip (2004) we received a Magical Moment Certificate for our family a day after we arrived. Someone had slipped in our room at CB. It was nice to find it there after our first full day in the parks.

My kids also got little certificates when we were at CB, given out at the pool by an activity CM there. My youngest, then 6, got one for being brave and sliding down the water slide by himself (his first water slide ever). My oldest, then 8, got one for being a good sport (he voluntarily led a game of water catch with a bunch of pre-schoolers). I can't remember if they were Magical Moment certificates or other some other kind of certificate for the kids. I'd have to look in our album to be sure.

Just so you know, Magical Moments have been around long before the Year of a Million Dreams promo. As far as I know, the two remain separate.

MissM

I've never seen a "Magical Moment" certificate, nor honestly heard about it until I was here on the board, but a few years ago, I had the manager of Cinderella's give me TWO of the lovely souvenir glass mugs when I went back to buy one. (I had forgotten to order it with my dinner and asked if I could ring it up seperately.) He surprised me with a bag with two in them not a minute later and said, "Happy Birthday." (It was, and I was wearing my birthday button.) It was amazingly nice!

Love also received a piece of cake this year when we went for his and the cashier at Cosmic Ray's also gave me a piece too so I wouldn't feel left out. We didn't ask about it or anything, he just saw the button and tossed in some cake.

Lovely moments!
-m

Antjeanne

We got back from Disney a few weeks ago,My daughter got 7 Magical Moment Certificates. We were blown away. And they all came to us we did not seek any out. Also it was her Birthday so that helped alot i think. But Magical things happen to this kid.
1. During lunch in the Castle she got a MMC for her Birthday and had everyone sign it.

2. While shopping in the Polynesian Gift shop she was asked if she wanted to play a tiki trek to get a prize.

3.As we were walking passed the Speedway a lady comes running after us and wishes her a Happy Birthday and says we are going to the front of the line and them got a peice of paper to go to the front of any ride we wanted that day. and another MMC

4. While shopping at a cart in Canada the girl asked a few questions and gave her another certificate.

5. we got to the park early and she got to wake up Tink.

6. After the Family Magic tour The whole family got a MMC for saving the MK. It was signed By Wendy, Peter Pan ,And Tinker Bell.
My Daughter was thrilled to get Tinks Autograph.

7. She go one at Ohana Breakfast

My Daughter said her 8th Birthday was the best ever.
Any ideas for number 9?

bhg469

My girlfriend and i rand the bell to open the liberty tree for lunch. They told her to ring it three times but she got carried away and i had to stop her. She likes bells.

jjgoo

Original Poster
All those other moments sound like a lot of fun. I guess according to Campdisney that these things have existed before. I did ask the CM if the certificate he was giving was part of the Year of a Million Dreams and he said yes.

Maybe in a lot of ways they are going to just really ramp up what they have already been doing.

I would love to hear about any other magical experiences. Especially once YoaMD offically starts.

figment1985

When our waitress at Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge at WDW) heard that my boyfriend proposed to me the night before, she brought a Magical Moment gift certificate at the end of our meal. What a great way to end a day at Disney World!!! The certificate is in a gold frame in my living room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom