Our Christmas Trip to the World

Got back Friday night from a wonderful trip and wanted to share some highlights with everyone. Stayed at the Contemporary, and will probably never stay anywhere else ever again. I absolutely loved it - we had a MK tower view on the 7th floor about 50 feet from the elevator. Talk about convenient.

Anyway, Saturday the 15th. Plane landed around noon, caught the DME bus and checked in around 2PM. The room was ready, so we dropped our carryons, freshened up and headed out for our dinner reservations at Epcot. Stopped in the lobby to ask a quick question, and there was Mickey & Minnie all dressed for Christmas. I was so excited - less than half hour on propery and I got my picture with the Main Mouse Himself. I couldn't have asked for a better start to my 50th birthday celebration trip!

Ate at Restaurant Marrakesh - had a great meal. I did the beef kabobs and DD had the lamp couscous. Would definitely eat there again. Shopped aound the World Showcase for a couple hours, stopped back at the room to drop our purchases (there's that convenience again!) then headed back to the MK as it was open until midnight. Wanted to ride Space Mountain first and the sign said 20 minutes, but after about 10, we encountered the forst of many breakdowns on the trip. We stuck it out for about 45 minutes - people were leaving the line, so we kept moving on up. Had a good time talking to a couple of young men in front of us. After we rode, we went back to Main Street to enjoy the castle lights and do some more shopping. I gotta say, all the pictures can't hold a candle to seeing the Castle up close and personal. It is just gorgeous.

Headed back to the room around 11PM. We'd been up since 5AM, so it was time to hit the sack. A short monorail ride, and there we were.

That's about all I have time for tonight. It's after 10, and I still have some gifts to wrap. I'll see you all tomorrow.....

Oops, almost forgot. Got to ride SSE on our way out the gate. I give the refurb 2 thumbs up - the interactive screens were pretty neat.

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
Day 2 - Sunday.

Slept in a little, then had breakfast at the Concourse restaurant. Headed over to MGM, where we encountered our 2nd breakdown. Stopped at Wilderness Lodge, and while loading 2 ECV's, something happened with the doors. The front door stuck open, and the back door wouldn't close. No one could get on, and we couldn't get out. Took about half and hour to get fixed, and we finally got to MGM around 11AM. Managed to see and do just about everything, but it was crowded. I see what everyone means about avoiding the parks with evening EMH. Aerosmith was a 70 minute wait all day.

Had another breakdown at the Indiana stunt show - they ran the plane into a truck. Pieces of propeller were flying everywhere! They shut down the show and told everyone to come back later. By this time, we were starting to get a complex!

Decided to call it a night around 10PM - the only thing we forgot was the Osborne lights! Oh, well, just another senior moment!

Got to the buses just as the T&T one pulled up, so we took it and transferred to the monorail to our resort. Love that monorail!

More later.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom