Our ADRs, anything you would change?

PHS79

Original Poster
Our next trip is Feb 19-28, from the 19-23 its 3 of us (5 yo DD, DW, and I) then the 23-28 there is 5 of us (DD, DW, myself, my mom and dad). On the 19th we don't fly in until 7pm and on the 28th we fly out at noon. Here are our plans, let me know what you think.

20: Chef Mickeys @ 730am
21: Coral Reef @ 6pm
22: Akershus @ 805am
23: Crystal Palace @ 810am and Biergarten @ 545pm
24: Tusker House @ 820am
25: Chef Mickeys @ 735pm (my parents are taking our DD, date nite for DW and I) and California Grill @ 815
26: Boma @ 440 (parents) and Sci Fi @ 4 (DD, DW and I)
27: Hollywood and Vine @ 930am

CAPTAIN HOOK

Dining choices are a very individual thing and depends on personal choice / taste. That said your dining list would be very acceptable if we were presented with these dining choices. There's a couple on your list that I've never eaten at (Coral Reef + Akershus), but I'd certainly give them a try.
Enjoy :hungry:

DisneyRoy

I would just say that the breakfasts look early to me. Especially Chef Mickeys after a late flight in. If you are taking Magical Expree I wouldn't expect to be at your hotel until 9 pm ish. And then depending where you are staying and how you are getting to the Contemporary, it could be a very early morning for a 5 YO. Just make sure you don't try to overdo it with the little one. Been there, done that, scars to prove it. :)

zurgandfriend

They look good to me, the early Chef Mickey's would give you lots of time to eat then head to the magic Kingdom. I'm up by 5am every day so it wouldn't bother me but it might others it would be wise to double check with the family.

PHS79

Original Poster
Thanks for the input! We are early risers, on a regular day we are out of the house by 630am and our DD is usually up by 530 some times as early as 445. I was a little concerned about the 730am Chef Mickeys after the long day of traveling, but I have a feeling that she will be really excited to get going.

We are not telling her about the trip and just planning on telling her that we are going on a trip and let her figure it out on her own as the day goes on. Even my parents meeting us there is going to be a surprise for her.

HouCuseChickie

So much of this boils down to personal preferences. I would prefer CRT over Akershus for breakfast and not a huge fan of Coral Reef...still, they are not bad choices.

We are also big fans of the early breakfasts. I often try for the 7am at Chef Mickey's since you can pretty much make it to any park opening with that early ADR slot. Make sure you find out at check in when their first bus arrives. I don't know how it is at AoA or CBR, but we've experienced anything from 6:30 - 6:45 for that first bus. Last trip we were at AKL...first bus there was 6:45 = not enough time to get to Chef Mickey's by bus, so we took a cab.

PrincessNelly_NJ

So much of this boils down to personal preferences. I would prefer CRT over Akershus for breakfast and not a huge fan of Coral Reef...still, they are not bad choices.

We are also big fans of the early breakfasts. I often try for the 7am at Chef Mickey's since you can pretty much make it to any park opening with that early ADR slot. Make sure you find out at check in when their first bus arrives. I don't know how it is at AoA or CBR, but we've experienced anything from 6:30 - 6:45 for that first bus. Last trip we were at AKL...first bus there was 6:45 = not enough time to get to Chef Mickey's by bus, so we took a cab.
I think CRT is closed for refurb while the OP is there.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Personally, we are foodies so we prefer something with a bit more variety.
I wouldn't bother with Chef Mickeys twice. I would keep it on the 25th for your date night and let that be a special moment with DD & her grand parents. Maybe breakfast with Lilo & Stitch @ Ohana?

Coral Reef is good. Your DD will probably really enjoy watching the tank. (I do and i'm 23 lol)
Akershus is by far my favorite character breakfast. The food is standard breakfast food but it is soooo good and they keep it coming.

Crystal Palace & Biergarten are good choices.

Love Tusker House!

Sci fi is a must do for us (nothing fancy but the atmosphere is amazing!)

And thumbs up on Hollywood & Vine!

JillC LI

Have you considered someplace other than Chef Mickey for dinner since you will have already been there for breakfast?

PHS79

Original Poster
Have you considered someplace other than Chef Mickey for dinner since you will have already been there for breakfast?
Going to Mickeys for dinner is my moms choice. I told her that we were already there for breakfast, but she still wanted to take our DD there. It doesn't matter much to the DW and I since we will be at California Grill that night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom