Trip Report Our 20th Anniversary Trip to the Caribbean...December 2018 COMPLETED

Caribbean Beach Resort, that is!!

Well, we've been back awhile, and the Disney Blues have hit me really hard this time for several reasons to be discussed later, so I have put off starting this report, but I am finally ready. I had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder this past Friday and took this whole week off, so hopefully I can finish before I go back to work!

If you didn't catch my semi-live report, my husband (Brian) and I (Amy) were at WDW from December 16-20 celebrating our 20th anniversary.

Sunday, December 16, 2018
We had an early (6:00am) flight from Columbus, OH which is about an hour from our house, so we had a very early wake up call! My mom had come over the night before since she was staying with the kids while we were gone, so we quickly got ourselves ready and were out the door with minimal fuss.
20181216_031218.jpg

I had my nails done up to match my new MagicBand!
20181215_212337.jpg

We had an uneventful trip to Columbus and got checked in and through security very quickly. One of the gate agents had lived in Florida for years, and spent a good bit of time talking to us about WDW which made the time go faster. We got to see the sun come up while we were in the air.
IMG_8952.JPG

IMG_8953.JPG

IMG_8954.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

It was very foggy in Orlando, and we thought we were still making our descent through the clouds, when all of a sudden we were on the ground! It was quite a shock, but luckily it was very smooth since Brian is not a good flier!

We were quickly in the main terminal and admiring this:
20181216_081837.jpg

Had to stop to get a picture of:
20181216_081906.jpg

Also had to stop in the Universal store to see if they had anything Harry Potter for Lily.
20181216_082234.jpg

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Of course, the Pizza Window didn't open until noon! Sooo, we ended up at the Boardwalk Bakery. Brian got the Big and Beefy sandwich and I got a Caesar salad. Brian could not stop raving about that sandwich, so I guess things worked out the way they were supposed to!!
IMG_9280.JPG

IMG_9281.JPG

We sat and enjoyed the view for awhile.
IMG_9282.JPG

Then we headed over to check out the Boardwalk Inn.
IMG_9283.JPG

IMG_9284.JPG

IMG_9285.JPG

IMG_9287.JPG

IMG_9288.JPG

IMG_9289.JPG

IMG_9290.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Despite everyone else's less than stellar experiences lately, we had a fantastic dinner! I hate that they are so inconsistent!!

We had a great view from our table:
IMG_9438.JPG

IMG_9443.JPG

I had my favorite, an Island Sunset!
20181217_170244.jpg

I apparently didn't get a picture of the bread, but ours was warm and delicious!!

I didn't even bother with the salad this time, I was saving room for everything else!
IMG_9440.JPG

IMG_9441.JPG

The noodles, wings, and potstickers (my favorites) were all delicious!

We had all of the different meats offered to us multiple times.

And you can never go wrong with the bread pudding!!

IMG_9444.JPG

And we got an extra treat since it was our anniversary!
IMG_9445.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Tuesday, December 18

Again, with no where specific to be, we slept in a little, then headed out to start our day at Animal Kingdom.

I don't have any pics of breakfast, and I was horrible about taking notes, so my best guess is that I grabbed a chocolate croissant and Brian grabbed a cheese danish from Captain Cook's before we left the Poly and had that for breakfast. I know I wasn't able to get the chocolate croissant from CBR which angered me, so that is why I think we got it the night before and ate in the room.

IMG_9459.JPG

Once again, we joined the mass of people heading to the entrance.
IMG_9460.JPG

IMG_9461.JPG

IMG_9462.JPG

IMG_9463.JPG

IMG_9464.JPG

I absolutely love this tree!!

IMG_9465.JPG

IMG_9467.JPG

IMG_9468.JPG

IMG_9469.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom