Other meetup ideas following Spaceship Earth Re-Opening Party

jessiepezz

Original Poster
Thanks for joining me! Since SweetMagic and I are going to get this convo started for the next meetup group here are some of my suggestions.

More WS Meetups
--> Morocco - Restaurant Marrakesh (yey for couscous and belly dancers)
--> Japan - Tokyo Dining (super yey for hibachi and fire!)

Random Meetup ideas
--> Hoop De Doo!!!
--> Ohana

Obviously these are the end of the night meetups, we could discuss what daytime event would best work with one of the above or your own suggestion. Thoughts? Ideas? Discuss?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I haven't been to Spirit of Aloha yet either :animwink:

We've also tossed around the idea of a monthly or bi-weekly meet too. No real schedule, just meet and hang out. Bi-weekly may be pushing it, but we could always try to do something like the first Sat of the month, or something like that, and then decide where we're meeting as each one approaches.

Obviously dinners would need to be booked in advance though, so :shrug:

EPCOT.nut

Any meet involving food is ultimately well-received by my family! :ROFLOL:

Also EE and RNRC meets - check! We could do like MontyMon and see how many times in one day we can ride. :lookaroun:lol:

jessiepezz

Original Poster
Saturday April 19th is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starship Starring Mickey Thomas for the flower power concert series. We could plan a dinner and concert meetup at showcase. I don't know about everyone else, but sitting in the American Gardens Theater is fantastic no matter who's on stage. Any takers?
[/FONT]

EPCOT.nut

Saturday April 19th is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starship Starring Mickey Thomas for the flower power concert series. We could plan a dinner and concert meetup at showcase. I don't know about everyone else, but sitting in the American Gardens Theater is fantastic no matter who's on stage. Any takers?[/FONT]

YES - I will meet up for almost any concert there. I've seen quite a few and they are really good. I hope they bring the Eagles cover band back again this year - really enjoyed that one, too. The Guess Who was great also...

jessiepezz

Original Poster
YES - I will meet up for almost any concert there. I've seen quite a few and they are really good. I hope they bring the Eagles cover band back again this year - really enjoyed that one, too. The Guess Who was great also...

Cool if there is more interest maybe we can reserve some space at a WC restaurant. I know it's close to the AK event, but that probably means more people will be in town that weekend.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
How about trying to ride all 12 monorails in a day? Someone did that here a couple years back.

The one thing I've noticed with my car club meets (yes I have more hobbies than Disney :) ) is that the more expensive the activity, the less people that show up. Just keep that in mind when you start thowing out Ohana, etc. Not everyone can afford such things.

EpcotServo

How about trying to ride all 12 monorails in a day? Someone did that here a couple years back.

The one thing I've noticed with my car club meets (yes I have more hobbies than Disney :) ) is that the more expensive the activity, the less people that show up. Just keep that in mind when you start thowing out Ohana, etc. Not everyone can afford such things.

Yea- I can't go to anything like that. It's just WAYYYY to pricey for food that's much better outside WDW.
:lol:

I don't know about riding all the monorails...I don't think each one comes out every day.

jessiepezz

Original Poster
Yea- I can't go to anything like that. It's just WAYYYY to pricey for food that's much better outside WDW.
:lol:

I don't know about riding all the monorails...I don't think each one comes out every day.

Well if sit downs are too pricey for folks, there are lots of counter service options. My favorite at showcase is the Japan- Yakitori House for $7 you can get full up on Udon or Teriyaki. So if anyone is interested in planning a meetup I am sure we can be flexible on the food. :)

jessiepezz

Original Poster
Saturday April 19th is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starship Starring Mickey Thomas for the flower power concert series. We could plan a dinner and concert meetup at showcase. I don't know about everyone else, but sitting in the American Gardens Theater is fantastic no matter who's on stage. Any takers?
[/FONT]

So any takers on doing another EPCOT meetup on Sat, April 19th for flower power concert? It doesn't have to be an all day affair for the group, could be just an evening meet-up...thoughts?

jessiepezz

Original Poster
Hey we're still going to this! Any takers?
:wave:

[/FONT]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom