Other Film Immersions

PittsBurghFuzz

Original Poster
This thread is just for fun, but I think it is an interesting one. After Universal and Disney have built their Harry Potter world and Enchanted Forest respectively, I'm wondering what movies would you guys like to see as a theme park immersive experience. None of these will probably happen, but this is just for fun.

Not in any order;

1. The Adventures of Robin Hood 1938
The film's set design makes me want to be part of this world. It feels so magical, without even being about the mystical. The film has such an emotional simplicity that I think it would be a cool world to walk around in, like Nottingham Castle or Sherwood Forest.
2.Casablanca
My favorite movie ever. This could be a neat shopping/restaurant district with Rick's or the Blue Parrot. There could be an airplane ride or something, but this area would mostly be a restaurant/shopping area.
3. King Kong 1993/2005
It would be more likley for the 2005 version, but this is just a what if list. There could be some really cool animatronics across the land, and there could be a safari esque attraction where you go across the events on skull island. I think that would be pretty cool. I know a ride exists at one of the Universals, but again, I'm talking about a separate land.
4. Universal Monsters
Could be done in a similar style like the Enchanted Forest, with the tower from Frankenstein or the castle from Dracula. Could be cool.

PUSH

Unless it's DHS, I don't think Disney needs anymore areas based on movies. I'd like to see a simple theme as a land. They got by just fine with them before: Frontierland, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, Liberty Square, Main Street USA, Future World, World Showcase, etc. Nowadays it seems like every land has to be themed to a movie because that's all that will draw the general public in.

blueboxdoctor

Unless it's DHS, I don't think Disney needs anymore areas based on movies. I'd like to see a simple theme as a land. They got by just fine with them before: Frontierland, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, Liberty Square, Main Street USA, Future World, World Showcase, etc. Nowadays it seems like every land has to be themed to a movie because that's all that will draw the general public in.

Very true (though Casablanca or a movie from the same era would be cool in DHS), which is why it would be great if they'd bring Beastly Kingdom to Animal Kingdom. After all, New Fantasyland is pretty much focused on girls and ignores fantasy elements that boys want (i.e. dragons and all that stuff). The plans for Beastly Kingdom seem to have set it up so that half is geared towards boys and the other half towards girls. Plus it will bring life to AK.

PittsBurghFuzz

Original Poster
Not saying it has to be in Disney World or Universal. This is just a "what if" scenario. My choices probably would never happen, but it is fun as a pipre dream. I agree that my choices would only work probably at DHS, however.

luv

Not a fan of numbers one and three.

Casablanca is a wonderful movie and I always enjoy riding by that scene in TGMR, but that is enough for me as far as parks go.

After reading your first three choices and thinking they pretty much sucked, I was all prepared to read the fourth and leave the thread, but then I got all excited. It's a terrific idea and one I'd be very excited to experience. I think you could include all the best monsters - Frankenstein, the Mummy, Dracula, etc. Dracula is my favorite, though.

Awesome idea and the best one I've seen in a while.

awoogala

My personal choice? Ones that wouldn't appeal to people on this board, but I think would be more popular than people think.
A Tim Burton land (or just nightmare) In DHS. dark ride with jack, walk through halloweentown, christmas town, sparky's world. I think it would be visually amazing. The visuals would be different than anything done before, would appeal to and bring in more people (even "new" customers).

My other insane desire would be for a Terry Pratchett discworld. Disney had purchased or developed an animated treatment for Mort at one point, killed me they never did anything with it. If UNI wants to run with it, seeing that they are becoming a park with tons of fantasy, I would be ok with that. Just getting to walk through Ankh-morpork would be life changing. I don't think UK guests would mind, either . ;)

Of course, I am still all in for a star wars land, \or a lord of the rings land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom