Oscar - CM for Soarin'

largemarge

Original Poster
Often times at Disney you have those moments that truly feel like pure magic/fate. Ours was with a CM named Oscar. My husband and I had fast passes for Soarin' and it was our first time to ride it. We were the first two in our row on the loading dock and waited patiently for our turn (it felt like years watching that video, honestly). We were ushered into the ride, only to find one of our seats taped off with a big red band. Well, naturally, one of us ended up getting booted off the ride because there was nowhere else to sit. Oscar had been the one who was responsible for making sure that seat was not loaded initially, but he's human like we all are, and forgot about it that time. After seeing the (completely unintentional) look of disappointment on my face, they ushered my husband and myself off of the ride and back out to the loading dock.

Now let me say this, we did not make one bit of a fuss about this. We were very gracious and they were all beyond apologetic. Oscar seemed like he was horrified by his mistake and I honestly felt kind of bad about it. He made sure he placed us in the "best two seats" for the ride (B1 & 2 if I recall correctly for those of you interested) and continued to apologize profusely. I noticed too that the other cast members paid close attention to us, one drawing everyone's attention to my Stitch plush poking out of my backpack, just another way that Disney makes sure that they make up for any mistakes on their part. Oscar disappeared for a minute and comes back with two FastPasses for us. He apologizes again and tells us these are good for any ride, including Frozen Ever After, at any time.

Now let me say that I had woken up at 6 AM to try and get FastPasses for Frozen without success and had already begrudgingly accepted the fact that we would not be riding this due to the two hour wait time (which I was not willing to sacrifice from Food & Wine Fest). Well, thanks to Oscar we were able to ride Frozen. He made my day and added that bit of Disney magic to our trip! Thanks Oscar!

Otterhead

I wish I knew the CM's name, but the last time I was there, a CM for Soarin' saw the homemade Epcot shirts myself and my friends were wearing -- covered in old Epcot icons -- and after telling us how cool they were, he rolled up his sleeve to show us the old-school Land symbol tattooed on his arm. "I'm a Land fanboy and anything to do with old Epcot is so awesome!" he told us, and gave us pins with old Epcot icons. His enthusiasm and glee at working at The Land made my day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom