Osborne lights returns to muppets courtyard?

Horizons1

Not happening. The lights are gone for good and they will NOT be coming back to Disney. It's painful to accept I know. But it's about time people started to. They will NOT be coming back to Disney.

Biff215

My Dad has been wondering if Disney does want to bring holiday lights back. They just don't want them to be Osborne Lights. But they would actually like to have Frozen displays, Mickey displays, and other Disney IP displays, that the contract with the Osborne Family may not have allowed.
The problem is finding a practical place to do it. The SoA were perfect as they were nothing more than facades, but even there the crowds became a nightmare at times. I doubt the Osborne contract was holding them back from much at all, the location simply needed to be closed for construction.

Cmdr_Crimson

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! These Christmas Lights are no more! Has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-ATTRACTION!!

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! These Christmas Lights are no more! Has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-ATTRACTION!!

" Well i'd better replace it then "

:cautious:

"Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of lights . "

Bob Harlem

The area is too small for much of anything, the only other possible place is sunset, but the whole produce/fairfax fare side is open and not good for it. The only other location in Orlando that could come close to hosting something like it is the New York street in Universal.

cindy_k

Probably not as many as you would hope. In my experience of talking to people, we 'those that are walking Disney World dictionaries' are the extreme minority. Most people who vacation there don't have a clue what's there or was there or could tell you which park Terminator is in.
I wonder how many times a day a cast member has to answer the 'Where's Harry Potter land?' question.

eblaz37

Care to bet on it?
As @Rteetz mentioned above, Tristan posted on DisBoards confirming this all. When it comes directly from the Osborne family, I think that is enough for me. Here's Tristan's post:

"Hey gang, Tristan here, my wife is Breezy Osborne of The Osborne Family. Some facts:

1. No contracts were cancelled, the last contract ran out in 2015. (In previous posts I have said the contract ran through 2017, I was mistaken in that information.)

2. Disney owns the lights, the Osborne family (Breezy & Mitzi) own 99.9% of the apparatus used in the display. Pretty much everything except the canopy.

3. The apparatus are still in storage on Disney property.

4. There are currently ZERO plans to resurrect the lights in any way shape or form in regards to the SODL.

5. The family has received offers from just about every other major theme park in the USA and abroad as potential new homes for the display. (It's unlikely they will ever make it to any of those, since the family is adamant that the lights remain with Disney, or they come home and are donated to the city of Little Rock.)

6. The entire SODL team have all been either let go from the Disney company or they have been put on other projects.

These are the facts that we as the family know. Thanks for all the support, we want the lights to live on as much as you all do!!!"

NYwdwfan

Well this is interesting. The link is still there so I was clicking around. When I clicked on the information button there was a message that mentions special event ticket pricing:
osborne1.jpg
osborne2.jpg

Blairnicol

I would go with what Tristan says for now. The only hope I see in his post is that Disney still has the lights/apparatus on property in storage & that the family has no desire to see the display go to any other company/park. The fact that the SODL crew has been either dismissed or moved to other projects really seems to point to nothing for the display for this year, but I do wonder if they will find something to do with it eventually. I know the fans (including, it looks like, the family) would love to see it live on. At this point I think it's really a waiting game. They have to come up with something holiday for DHS-it will be interesting to see what.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom