Osborne Lights dates

Shaman

I can't wait to see what they do with the new area...should be magnificent...the holidays last year weren't the same without the lights....

conntom

I can't wait to see the Osborne lights back at DisneyMGM.
For me it makes Christmas great it should be cool in the
cityscape. Can't wait for Dec 5 to come.

:xmas:

BDAN29

I've never been to MGM when this has been up. Where do they place all the Osborne lights? I assume the backlot? Also, why is it called the Osborne Spectacle of Lights?

Rora

I can't wait to see that again. I came home from it and told anyone who would listen that they need to see it. Christmas in Florida was weird but that made the trip well worth it.

conntom

To BDAN29 here is a little on the Osborne lights.
Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights and how did it start?

Jennings Osborne, a Little Rock, Arkansas, businessman, began putting up lights nearly a decade ago, at the request of his young daughter. Each year, he added to the displays. When he ran out of room, Osborne bought the two houses on either side of his home so he could continue his creativity. Neighbors complained, however, and the Arkansas Supreme Court ruled in October 1994 that Osborne's house, when adorned with the 3 million lights, was a public nuisance. Although legally barred from causing a "spectacle", Osborne still lit the display three nights. He was found in contempt of court and fined $1,500. The court suspended a 10-day jail sentence, but ordered him to pay $7,000 in attorneys' fees. In 1995, the Walt Disney Company brought the Osborne Christmas lights to Walt Disney World! Disney's agreement with Osborne gives it the option of keeping the display for 5 years, possibly longer.

Yes it was on the backlot this year it will be in the cityscape how I will
see should be fun.

sarajo

If you want more info about the Osborne Lights... go to www.jenningsosbornefamily.com. It's their family website that has more in-depth stuff about the lights and all. It even has pictures from previous years.

The lights were pretty awesome (understatement!) when they were up at their house in Little Rock. It was really breath-taking! And when Disney started putting the lights up on the backlot... well, it was just as impressive! But, just think... all the lights (number wise) that were up on the backlot, was what covered just three houses/yards back in Arkansas- so just imagine what it looked like! Pretty incredible.

Anyway... so glad the lights are going to be back "on" at MGM this year! It will be great to see the new set-up on the multi-city street. It will be different, of course... but change is almost always good! See you guys there!

DarkMeasures

My favorite part of the lights are the glasses.

But I am wondering if this will take up more than Big City Street because when I went a year and a half ago and saw the lights, New York street was full as well as Residential street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom