Orlpassholder's Trip Report 9/20/2003

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the Geek Labs

I took in the Annual Passholder preview of Mickey's Philharmagic this past Saturday. I sat through 5 showings and I am currently writing up my final review of it.

Some updates around the parks. I took some shots of the Swiss Family rehab. It looks like allot of work is being done to the wood and also allot of welding being done.

Thunder Mountain rehab continues as normal I didn’t see to many changes to it.

I did notice Monorail Gold appeared to have some sort of issue. The Monorail assistance vehicle was on the rail and pushed it back behind the Magic Kingdom. I tried to get photos but missed it.

On the way to TTC I saw roof work being done on the Grand Floridian. Is it me or do these roofs always seem to be getting redone?

Epcot was busy with the pin event. I spoke with some friends at Mission: SPACE and they said that HP is quiet happy with the response to the attraction that they are actually helping with advertisement. They will be paying the full price for the next commercial to be made. With the October press event coming up look for Emmy Winner and Orlando native Wayne Brady to be at Epcot doing some show tapings and press event appearances.

Side note on Mission: SPACE a NEW Limited Edition pin was shown off at the pin event. It will be available October 9th I believe the edition size is 1500 I did not hear what the price would be. I would imagine $10.50

There is a new change coming to Disney merchandise. The current yellow rain slickers are being phased out. The reason security. They have had issues in the past with children becoming separated from their parents and the child would tell security what their parents where wearing and of course with the current yellow rain slickers you cant see the clothes underneath them. They are moving to a new clear coat style rain slicker. It will still have the familiar Mickey sticker on the back just a different color. The new slickers are currently being sold at all parks.

All photos have been sent to Steve already and I am on page 3 of my Philharmagic review. I will be add it to the main thread and also to the review board as soon as I am done.

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by orlpassholder

Some updates around the parks. I took some shots of the Swiss Family rehab. It looks like allot of work is being done to the wood and also allot of welding being done.

WHo knew the Swiss family robinson had makita power tools? :lol:

I did notice Monorail Gold appeared to have some sort of issue. The Monorail assistance vehicle was on the rail and pushed it back behind the Magic Kingdom. I tried to get photos but missed it.

On thursday it had air conditioning issues.

Moustronaut

The current yellow rain slickers are being phased out. The reason security. They have had issues in the past with children becoming separated from their parents and the child would tell security what their parents where wearing and of course with the current yellow rain slickers you cant see the clothes underneath them. They are moving to a new clear coat style rain slicker. It will still have the familiar Mickey sticker on the back just a different color. The new slickers are currently being sold at all parks.

Yea that makes sense, but those yellow ponchos have sorta become a trade mark onto themselves. My wife and I were at an Atlanta Braves game earlier this year. Rain was forecasted and it poured for the first 3 innings. I must have seen 50 people wearing yellow WDW panchos around me in the stadium. :lol:

Enderikari

Yeah, a poncho is my moms favorite souvenir, she's has bought a poncho on every trip to Disney World thus far... She'll be sad to here about the yellow ponchos...
::Sniff:::cry:

Fido

Confoundit, Disney! Haven't you learned from your past blunders? Horizons, WOM, Imagination....and now the yellow rain ponchos? Sure, I know that today's kids want thrills, but don't take it out on the rest of us. The yellow ponchos were EDUCATIONAL AND FUN at the same time. STOP THE MADNESS!

:lookaroun

Shaman

Originally posted by Fido
Confoundit, Disney! Haven't you learned from your past blunders? Horizons, WOM, Imagination....and now the yellow rain ponchos? Sure, I know that today's kids want thrills, but don't take it out on the rest of us. The yellow ponchos were EDUCATIONAL AND FUN at the same time. STOP THE MADNESS!

:lol: :lol: Whats happened to Disney tradition....this is not what we've come to expect from Disney...Walt Disney would not be proud....:lol: :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update Orlpassholder!!! :wave: :lol:
In all seriousness though...I think the idea for the color change of the rain slickers is a good one...then again it makes me wonder...maybe clear colored slickers are cheaper and thats the reason for the change.

hmmmm.....:lookaroun

orlpassholder

Original Poster
No problem on the update. Hope you liked the pictures.

As far as the slicker change. I wouldnt doubt cost could have been a reason my info came from a high up managment who had mentioned they had expierenced lost little children whos parents where in yellow slickers.

Shaman

As far as the slicker change. I wouldnt doubt cost could have been a reason my info came from a high up managment who had mentioned they had expierenced lost little children whos parents where in yellow slickers.

Hey its a great idea...they kill two birds with one stone....cheaper slickers (if thats the case) and an easier way of locating parents in the rain.

:sohappy: :sohappy:

wdwfan65

Banned
I'm glad I got my Mickey yellow poncho pin last November,the ponchos in Animal kingdom where light brown,I always hated the yellow ones,we always pack them for insurance it must work no rain the last 3 trips

Fido

Originally posted by wdwfan65
I'm glad I got my Mickey yellow poncho pin last November,the ponchos in Animal kingdom where light brown,I always hated the yellow ones,we always pack them for insurance it must work no rain the last 3 trips

What time of year do you usually go? When we went in September, it used to dump on us most of the time. We went February (and going again February 2004), and it only sprinkled for 10 minutes the whole trip! Not a single cloud in the sky, either (actually, it made for lousy photos without the trademark 'billowy' clouds). I'm hoping this next Feb. is the same way. Anyone know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom