Orlando Was Just Named the Best Food City in America

some other guy

on the subject of Orlando dining general stuff, anybody try that Sri Lankan joint out way East? I think it's on or near Colonial and the Greenway sorta like that Jolibee?

Lilofan

on the subject of Orlando dining general stuff, anybody try that Sri Lankan joint out way East? I think it's on or near Colonial and the Greenway sorta like that Jolibee?
I googled it, Banana Leaf near UCF. Has some very good reviews. For some spicy Trinidad , Caribbean , Haitian dining kinda like Sri Lankan spicy curry etc fare checkout West Colonial Drive by Silver Star / Pine Hills. It is somewhat safer to go there during the day.

some other guy

I googled it, Banana Leaf near UCF. Has some very good reviews. For some spicy Trinidad , Caribbean , Haitian dining kinda like Sri Lankan spicy curry etc fare checkout West Colonial Drive by Silver Star / Pine Hills. It is somewhat safer to go there during the day.
>crime hills
>safer

you made a funny

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not there, but there's a pair of Sri Lankan food trucks from the same owner that hit up all the local breweries and a lot of the local food truck events, and they're both awesome

some other guy

Not there, but there's a pair of Sri Lankan food trucks from the same owner that hit up all the local breweries and a lot of the local food truck events, and they're both awesome

thanks for the info, that location is way far from me so that greatly increases my chance of trying them

Lilofan

I've been here long enough that I have vague memories of Pine Hills towards the end of its time as a middle class/upper middle class neighborhood.
Pine Hills as of 35-40 years ago was rough, still rough , are you referring to 60-70 years ago?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Pine Hills as of 35-40 years ago was rough, still rough , are you referring to 60-70 years ago?
25-30 years ago, the transitionary time when there was still a country club and a nice Goodings there, but before they closed the walmart causing the expansion of now-Crime Hills into Metrowest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom