Orlando Speedway

bayoutinkbelle

Original Poster
Anyone ever been there? I promised my 12-year-old son a visit there this summer to see the demolition derby. This has been on his mind since we returned from last year's trip. Wanna know why? Here's the funny: He kept unlocking video clips of a race track on a PS2 game he was playing only days after we got back from Orlando. All excited, he keeps telling me that we have to go there. I explain to him that we have no idea where this place is, but he makes me watch these video clips. In one, I see a 407 area code on one of the cars and it hits me. I break the news to my son and the promise is made to visit next summer.

Thanks for any help! :kiss:

swedishengineer

Crash-o-rama

It's at Orlando Speed World (I think http://www.speedworlddragway.com/)...
Located on Highway 50 about halfway between Orlando and Titusville (the East Coast).

I don't know their schedule, I just see the Crash-o-rama signs every so often on the way to work... maybe once every other month or so.

One warning (if you're able to plan a trip at the right time), get there early. I made the mistake of driving in the area around the Crash-o-rama event, and it probably took 45 min to drive and area that normally takes 5 min.

Have fun and good luck!

Chris

isaidchowda

Howdy
Not sure if you still need help but I was here looking for other attractions and saw that I could be of some help
I live in east orlando, and I drive by this place all the time. As going down colonial (SR 50) takes you to I-95. Anywho It is quite far from the disney area. Disney is very much west orlando and this is way east orlando if you can even call it orlando. It would probably take at least an hour to get there from disney area, and if you were to go there your best bet would be to take I4 east until you get to 408 and then take 408 east to titusville until you hit colonial (sr 50) and then take colonial out to the speedway. Its about 10 minutes or so from the exit off of 408.

Also if your out that far anyway I highly recommend
http://www.jungleadventures.com
went there about and year ago and it was awesome.
Good Luck

bayoutinkbelle

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the help! There really is no choice of whether or not to go since my son's heart is set on this. Not my first choice, but hey, it's his vacation too. Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom