Orlando Informer Touring Plan???

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Has anyone purchased the Orlando Informer touring plan for Harry Potter, etc? It is only a few dollars and it seems worth the money but is it worth it? I am truly worried about the crowds at IoA on Monday and need as much help as I can get.

dave&di

No sorry I'm of no use! From your other thread I would say you are panicking!
What info is it you are after? I would go to WWOHP first if that is of any help, it gets busy quite quickly.

OrlandoInformer

This is OrlandoInformer....

Can I help with a specific question?

PS. My WWoHP Touring Plan has a 99.8 percent satisfaction rate, and you can always ask for your money back if you don't like it. But that's unlikely... have you read what others have written on my site and on my Facebook page?

But of course it is up to you :)

disney4life2008

Original Poster

PS. My WWoHP Touring Plan has a 99.8 percent satisfaction rate, and you can always ask for your money back if you don't like it. But that's unlikely... have you read what others have written on my site and on my Facebook page?

Yes I have and yes to it all. I sent you a private message.

OrlandoInformer

I don't get this forum. It won't let me send a private message. Anyway, I won't complain to you about it, but I am just going to paste my response to your question here. There wasn't anything too personal, so I hope you don't mind. Here we go....

First off, you don't have to get to the turnstiles as early as 7:15. You'll be standing around for 30 minutes for really no reason. I wouldn't get there before 7:30, and I usually recommend 7:40. But, of course, that's up to you.

Universal on-site hotel guests and anyone who has booked a vacation package through Universal gets Early Park Admission for WWoHP. So yes, you will be entering after all of those people.

When you say the ride, I assume you are talking about Forbidden Journey. If you go directly from the turnstiles to Forbidden Journey you will not have much of a wait. Maybe 20 or 30 minutes. Could be slightly less, actually. 8:00am is really early to go to a theme park for most people.

However, I wouldn't recommend going to Forbidden Journey first. You will need to do Ollivander's first for many reasons. And there is a certain way you should experience Forbidden Journey too, to get the most out of it. All that's covered in the Touring Plan (and a lot more).

As far as how to get to WWoHP, you can take a look at my custom-made Google map: http://bit.ly/wwohpmap

You just follow the purple line from the turnstiles to WWoHP. But you know what? Don't even worry about memorizing that because the first group of people through the turnstiles always takes that path... so you can just follow everyone.

Regarding your last question, no, Universal team members do not walk you to any of the attractions. Once you're through the turnstile you are on your own. However, as I just mentioned, the first wave of guests always goes straight to WWoHP using the shortcut through Seuss Landing (the purple line on the map).

Hopefully I addressed all your questions. If you have any more, please let me know. And feel free to use the OI Answer service if you think other will benefit from reading your question and our answer: http://www.orlandoinformer.com/answers

And remember to have fun too :)

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
To anyone reading this thread, I just purchased the Orlando Informer touring plan for Harry Potter. There is some really good information included. It's definitely worth the money, IMO.

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck

I tried to say you're welcome but I couldn't send a pm.

imaginerd

Orlando Informer Touring Guide rocks!

I bought the OI Touring Guide mainly for the Harry Potter info and it was really helpful. The best part is that he doesn't try to gouge you on price--it's only a few dollars.

Second, his advice was SUPER helpful when it came to the Forbidden Journey. We heard from friends that the standard line through the Hogwarts doesn't give you enough time to understand the storyline of the ride. Be sure to do the "tour only" first--you can linger at each place (Dumbledore's office, the part with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, etc.) without being rushed. Once you get the gist of the ride's backstory, THEN go back through and ride the ride.

We only discovered this out through Orlando Insider's touring plan.

Definitely worth it.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom