Orlando for the summer with no car

sanctumsolitude

Original Poster
I am interning in Orlando this summer and I will be staying a couple miles north of Universal Studios. I am going to get an annual pass for WDW (to cover the summer and return later in the year). However, because I will be across the U.S. from my normal home, I will not have a car available.

What is the easiest way to get to WDW? Lynx? If I take the Lynx, do I get off at DTD and use Disney transportation from there?

Anyone have experience taking Orlando public transport to WDW?

I live in Orlando and I can honestly say I'm not a fan of the Lynx system as I am not a fan of getting stabbed or robbed. I apologize if that sounds harsh but it isn't exactly the same as taking public transportation in a city like New York where public transport is common and used by all.
I had friends who did longterm rentals on cars and it wasn't crazy expensive and it worked really nicely for them.

kymie

We always use the Lynx on our trips. We caught it from Seaworld and it took us to the TTC. Not sure if the Lynx runs to Downtown Disney?

sanctumsolitude

Original Poster
I live in Orlando and I can honestly say I'm not a fan of the Lynx system as I am not a fan of getting stabbed or robbed. I apologize if that sounds harsh but it isn't exactly the same as taking public transportation in a city like New York where public transport is common and used by all.
I had friends who did longterm rentals on cars and it wasn't crazy expensive and it worked really nicely for them.

Unfortunately, I can't rent a car so I am pretty much stuck with public transportation or finding a ride from someone. Hopefully I will meet some nice people in Orlando so I won't be stuck with the Lynx for too long. I am a little more apprehensive now, but hopefully its not that bad.

Legacy

The problem with public transportation in Orlando is that the city is so spread out. It's not like NYC or DC, where everything is close together with nice definitive areas. The Orlando area (especially the parks) are very open.

Here is a rip planner where you put your starting and ending points and it will provide times and a bus listing for how to get there.

http://trip1.golynx.com/

That's the best I can give you.

Mercy

It's a 2.5 hour bus trip from Universal Studios to Magic Kingdom...on 6 to 8 different buses.

You really don't want to be stuck in Orlando without any transportation. Maybe you could rent a scooter or a motorcycle?

If you have your own car at home, and you're going to be in Orlando all summer...why not just make the x-country drive? Then you'll have a car, plus that's a fun trip...

sanctumsolitude

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. You gave me a lot to think over.

I will probably just end up going whenever my friends go rather than trying the Lynx method.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom