Orlando car rental question

DBV

Original Poster
I see that Hertz is located "off-terminal", while Avis is "in-terminal". Is that going to delay the process if I rent from Hertz? How important is that in Orlando?

Tigerdaly

The difference being the amount of time.
I have done both, if you are off site hire you have to wait to claim your bagage and then go down stairs and wait for a transfer bus to take you to the hire terminus 10 min drive away, here you will the join a line to get you car.:brick:
On site will mean one of you party awaites the arrival of your bagage ang bungs it on a trolly whilst you go downstairs one flight and process your car at the desk (still lines tho), then you just have to walk across the road to the multistorey car park and claim your car and drive away. :p
If the lines were the same length at each desk you will save up to 1 hr by having on site hire pick-up. Depends if you are lucky that day or not.
I hope this helps........................................Happy Holidays :sohappy:
Roll on July.................................................:p

MouseearsDeb

Another big difference is price. We rented a minivan from Thrifty last year for 8 days for around $200.00. No one else even came close. They are offsite and yes, it probably took a little longer. But, we arrived late at night so we weren't planning on doing anything except getting the car and heading to our rental home. The money we saved could be spent toward something else. Another, note, if you make reservations now, keep checking back with your rental company. Sometimes they run specials and if you catch one, you can modify your reservation to save even more. Hope this helps.

Nemo14

Don't rule out L&M Car Rental either. They're right on premises, the lines are generally short, and their prices are very competitive.

Steve B

In Terminal

I recently used Enterprise, which is pretty far away. But, it was one of the most efficient, best run rental agencies I have ever seen. There were a lot of workers, and they seemed to "hustle".

But, I am going again in May and I didn't see a difference in price, so I am going with Alamo or Budget in terminal (with the Costco memeber discount).

The in-terminal car rental set-up is one of the best I have experienced (once you get through the slow lines).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom